• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Timeline tempo question

joshd33

This is prob a very dumb question, but if the tap subdivision is set to 8th on my Timeline and I set the BPM to 72bpm, then will my delays be 8ths, or does that only apply to the tap tempo?

cosmic_ape

Silver Supporting Member
This is prob a very dumb question, but if the tap subdivision is set to 8th on my Timeline and I set the BPM to 72bpm, then will my delays be 8ths, or does that only apply to the tap tempo?
Yes, it would be 8th notes of any tempo you were to tap.

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way
Gold Supporting Member
I believe the manual states that bpm/ms will always be displayed in quarter notes. I just got my Timeline a week ago. Not totally sure, but that seems to mean that 72 bpm would be 36 bpm if you are set on 8th notes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

AtlMusicMan86

Gold Supporting Member
Whatever you set the tap division to be the delay will automatically reflect the division you select regardless if you use the tap or time knob. Hope that helps!

joshd33

I believe the manual states that bpm/ms will always be displayed in quarter notes. I just got my Timeline a week ago. Not totally sure, but that seems to mean that 72 bpm would be 36 bpm if you are set on 8th notes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
So if I'm on digital and I set the time to 72bpm and the tap division to 8th, then the audible delays will be in 8ths? I hate that this is so hard for me to grasp, but I think I'm almost there.

thesooze

Silver Supporting Member
Right. The BPM speed is quarter notes. So if it reads "72BPM" -- whether dialed in or tapped in -- you will get a subdivision of quarter notes at that tempo. So if you selected 8th note subdivision, it will be the same sound as if you selected quarter note subdivision at 144BPM. It's double time, e.g. Two repeats every beat, at 72 beats per minute.

Hope that helps. :aok

Yep, you're right. It doesn't matter if you use the tap tempo or the time knobs. Whatever you have selected for tapdiv will be what you hear at whatever tempo is programmed. :)

Trending Topics