Timeline Trem On Repeats...Do Other Delays Do Trem On Repeats?

jrockbridge

I've messed around with my delay pedals using dual amps and placing a tremolo after the wet output to get the tremolo effect only on the repeats. I really like the effect of the tremolo on the repeats.

In searching around, I've discovered the Strymon Timeline has that effect. IMO the Strymon sounds really good in the demo posted below. Are there other delays that have this feature? It would be great to get a delay w/tremolo in a smaller footprint than the Timeline.

csweet08

DD500 does. In fact I've set it to 100% wet and replaced my tremolo pedal with it too. Also replaced my flanger

csweet08

Cool. I found a demo of the tremolo....

I guess another way to do it is to use the internal wave function instead of the SFX delay. The pedal has an insane amount of versatility and tweak ability. Kinda everything that's cool about boss multi effects but without the awful tone suck. The dry-thru and 32 bit processing really make this a game changer for boss. Hoping they do other pedals in this format.

jrockbridge

I just discovered that the Zoom MS70CDR has TremDelay. In fact, the Zoom TremDelay algorithm is based on the same effect in the Strymon Timeline. Of course, with one-foot button operation, the MS70CDR is not going to be as functional live as the other options posted.

Meriphew

Trem is one of my fave delay engines on the Timeline. It can almost negate the need for a separate trem pedal if you're not a hardcore trem user.

Kennyscrown

I'm interested in making the Timeline sound like a 'normal' Trem? Is this possible?

I've only used the Trem delay presets so far, which sound nice, but not like using a tremolo pedal.

Onemileguy

I'm interested in making the Timeline sound like a 'normal' Trem? Is this possible?

I've only used the Trem delay presets so far, which sound nice, but not like using a tremolo pedal.
No, I believe the milliseconds cannot be dialed down far enough to achieve this, unless there has been a software update that changed this

jrockbridge

I found out that the same TremDelay algorithm that's in the Zoom MS70CDR is also available as a $2 add-on for the Zoom MS100BT. The MS100BT can be linked via Bluetooth to an iDevice and extra fx and amp models can be purchased through iTunes. Both the MS70CDR and MS100BT have some advantages and disadvantages.

The MS100BT comes with Amp models, Dirt box models, Boost models, Compressor models as well as Chorus, Delay and Reverb models and the ability to purchase more models via iTunes. The MS70CDR has Chorus, Delay and Reverb models but NO Boost, Dirt, Compressor or Amp models and NO ability to purchase extra add-ons. The MS70CDR has a Mini USB which allows for aftermarket USB Control Devices. The MS100BT is Bluetooth but has NO Mini USB, so there's no way to add an external USB Control Device.

Last edited:

Trending Topics