• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Timeline users - good settings for lead?

zwolf

It's kind of odd for me to post this as I've been a delay junkie for years, owned dozens of the units, and use a healthy dosage in my music. I'm much more of a textural rhythm player than a lead player, but I do take the occasional stab at some licks here and there.

I've always admired good lead tones with a bit of subtle delay for color/thickening, but never really used it myself. I expect plenty here are using their TLs in this manner to great effect; if you have a second, please post your favorite lead presets!

I'll try them all and my favorite will win a spot on my DMC-6 for instant recall :)

mcdes

Member of no importance
might be a good time to go back over the official strymon vids!

rockinrobby

Senior member Professional musician ...
Double Platinum Member
Very subjective my friend ... Mess around and i'm sure you'll find one... :aok

teleclem

There's this short digital delay preset someone put up at the preset thread. Works great for this application.

starfish

I think I must have a completely different approach to the creative process because I usually let the piece of music dictate the necessity of one type of delay texture or another, not a predetermined generic "lead tone" patch. But maybe that's just me. :)

YMMV, with other genres like 'da blooze' and all that...

wiscojay

I like the Bank 00a for a digital delay lead sound.
I re did the first 25 or so, but I likes the duck settings for leads too. the 17a slap.

zwolf

Thanks for the suggestions. I already blew out the first 30 banks or so of the factory presets, but I think they repeat at bank 50, so I'll take a peak.

Starfish - your approach doesn't sound that different from mine, but since I've never used delay on a lead/seldom take leads to begin with, I was interested in hearing sounds that others consider to be good for the purpose. No blues going down here. Not that there's anything wrong with it :)

Trending Topics