1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Timmy 101

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Soundhound, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

Sorry if this has been gone over to death. I searched a bunch of threads but didn't find quite what I was looking for.

I had a Tim a few years ago, but wound up selling it for other stuff. Always liked it alot, thing was, it was transparent to the point of being almost too transparent, if that makes any sense. Now that my amp tastes have changed a bit, I might like it even more.

Anway, when the Timmy came out I was curious, though never got one. Well I just traded for one, and it's much different than I remember the Tim. Much more gain. And a GREAT sounding pedal. Really like it. But I need a bit of a Tim/Timmy refresher course. The bass and treble controls are cut controls right? So if I want more bass, I turn up the treble cut, and visa versa?

Thanks

2. jw112

jw112 Member

they are cut controls. want more bass counter clockwise, less clockwise

3. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

And fully counterclockwise is 'unity' for the bass and treble, or as closeas it comes, right?

4. soopajeanmi

soopajeanmi Member

I don't own a timmy but when i look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MM94WwcaF4&feature=channel_page

It's quite obvious that the pedal *adds* treble when the treble knob is at minimum: is that right?

And if i understand the way the control work, cutting bass and treble is actually going to bring more mids in the EQ: right?

5. edwarddavis

edwarddavis Supporting Member

I saw on the Tim Clips the treble and bass turn it down when you turn them clockwise.
    Look at the Jack Zucker you tube clip very detailed

6. 6789

6789 Member

Just to add to the confusion in this thread, here's my 2 cents.

I own a Timmy. The bass and treble are CUT knobs.

All the way to the left and the settings are flat. Turn them to the right to cut.

I've never had the bass and treble add. Only cut.

Any additional treble you hear on clips must come from the increase in gain from either the pedal or amp.