Timmy before Timmy after.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dlc1953, Feb 9, 2012.

1. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

I'm looking into ordering another Timmy or Tim. Thinking of using one before my other 3 OD's and the one that will be here shortly after them.All after my Fuzz. Has anyone tried this? Was also considering an EP booster after instead of the Timmy but 2 Timmy's would give more versatility I think.

2. RocksOff

RocksOff Member

I thought they killed Timmy.

3. The_Wretched

The_Wretched Supporting Member

No they killed Kenny!

4. foossh

foossh Member

I prefer my Timmy after my fuzz and Overdrives, it stacks so well keeping the pass through tones pretty much intact and adds a boost and a great layer of grit on to of what you stack into it. When Timmy is before the Overdrives you lose some of the tonal qualities of Timmy. I guess it clouds that wonderful grit Timmy supplies. Just my opinion.

5. ahcleinad

ahcleinad Member

I've been playing the Timmy after my med-gain drive (EQD Monarch) and before my Suhr Riot. It didn't do much for the Suhr Riot, but kind of boosted the Monarch, but made it kind of harsh and fizzy. A lot of people say before sounds much better.

6. imguitardan

imguitardan Member

I use a Treble Booster in front for lead boosts and a Timmy after my dirt for a "clean" boost. You could cascade them though I would think that two used like that may be slightly redundant.

7. meterman

meterman Member

I've always preferred it after. Putting it before slams the input of any following pedals and ups the gain and saturation, which may be what you're looking for. Running other dirt into the TIMmy adds gain, volume and tone shaping but not much additional compression which is why I prefer it at the end.

8. dlc1953

dlc1953 Member

I used 2 Ep's for awhile before and after. Thought the after was great really sweeten's up the EQ of the Od's.Before I didn't like that much seemed to cloud thing's up. So thinkin the T set clean before may work to get more out of the OD's.