• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

timmy dip switch settings

bionic

I can't get to may amp tonight but am working on my lead channel. I would be running my super duper goosing my amp into a gentle break up and then having the timmy afterwards to put it into a searing lead. Where do you guys have your dip switches following a boost?

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
I've got a Tim with those options via toggle switches- For a lead after a boost I like it in asymetrical mode, which I believe is just achieved by having the two switches set opposite each other.

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
I've got a Tim with those options via toggle switches- For a lead after a boost I like it in asymetrical mode, which I believe is just achieved by having the two switches set opposite each other.
soli528 is spot on with the asymmetrical being one switch up one down.

What's going to work for you though will really depend on teh inteaction between the Timmy and your amp and other pedals. Personally I like the asymmetrical mode the most and also smooth out my Timmy a touch with an LM1458 opamp. Subtle difference but worthwhile for me.

bionic

I am after a bit of a smooth sound and less pick attack. Would the asymetrical clipping achieve this?

Grant Ferstat

Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place...
I am after a bit of a smooth sound and less pick attack. Would the asymetrical clipping achieve this?
Yes but both DIP switches up would be smoother still but more compressed.

The reason I like asymmetrical is because it sounds a little more like my amp's natural clipping.

Red Planet

Just got one and dont have a manual. Hate to be a dummy but......:D

Whats up and whats down?

On mine I believe with the pedal open looking at it the switch at the bottom right hand corner, one side says On and the other side says 1 2. Is the 1 2 psition down?

What does both down do?

Dave

It doesn't matter, you can easily hear the difference. Just play with them.

Both switches one way will sound open/uncompressed. Flip them both the other way and it will sound much more compressed and smooth. Flip them in opposite directions and you have asymmetrical mode.

Red Planet

Very interesting.

I prefer the Pedal with the Gain set way down, the Bass Bossted a little, and the Trebile cut just a tad but I figure I would prefer both down. I liked half and half with it set like that. Not more compressed at all and thicker.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom