Timmy dip switches: what do you prefer?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fjs1962, Dec 4, 2005.

1. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

I messed with the internal dip switches on my Timmy for the first time tonight. For now I think I like it a little better with the dips on. It seems to track fast runs better that way. Have you guys messed with the dips on yours, and which setting do you prefer?

2. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

I'm interested in the hows, whats and whys of messing with the dip switches, since I have a Timmy on the way. If you could elaborate on what you did, I'd appreciate it.

Jeff

3. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

Here's an except from the manual talking about the dip switches. For the moment I'm liking mine with both switches "on".

"Tim" had a pull pot on the back of the pedal that changed the clipping circuit to react faster, and be more compressed. "Timmy has this to, but it's a pair of Dip switches inside the pedal. Both set in the down position will have more headroom, while setting both to the on position will reduce headroom, and add compression. You can have one on and the other off for an asymetrical clipping sound.

4. jcshirke

jcshirke Silver Supporting Member

Thanks, man. Much appreciated. I guess all would have been explained by consulting the manual when my pedal arrives. But you just saved me some time. ;)

Jeff

5. granite

granite Member

My Timmy arrived a few days ago. Sounds great, but no manual in the box. Just the pedal with a lot of packing popcorn. I didn't think anything of it until someone mentioned the dip switches inside. I glad someone posted what they do. Thanks!
    I highly recommend the Timmy. Paul was great to deal with even though the wait was long.

6. PaulC

PaulC Member

If you still have the box check inside at the bottom. I always put the instructions in first, and then the peanuts on top. If you don't have it send me an email and I'll send you one.

PaulC

7. CBeeper

CBeeper Supporting Member

Hey Paul,
    Chris here. How have you been? Is the screen for the Timmy still holding out?

8. granite

granite Member

Ah....thanks Paul. I found it hidden in the bottom of the box after I dumped everything out.

9. tubes2bits

tubes2bits Guest

PaulC

What are you doing on here? You have pedals to build;...including mine!;)

Peace