Timmy & Honeybee

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by steadygarcia, May 12, 2008.

1. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

I thought I had remembered a discussion sometime back about stacking these two pedals and in which order. Did a search, but couldn't find it. Any preferences as to whether the Timmy should drive the Honeybee or vice-versa?

2. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

The best answer is try it yourself and see what you like the best, everyone else will be their opinion. BTW, I use the Tim pedal usually after overdrives as a cleaner boost and tone shaper. It has a way of imparting a clarity to the tone.

3. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

That's true. However, it's always good to learn from other's experiences as well. Nice to know what other guys are doing, and why. What's the main difference between a Tim and a Timmy.

4. Guinness Lad

Guinness Lad Silver Supporting Member

The Timmy is the same pedal as the Tim but doesn't have a boost or a built in effects loop. The Tim is a slightly bigger pedal as well. The Tim was the first pedal Paul Cochrane made, and due to the success of the Tim people asked if he could do the same thing but smaller...this is from what I have read.

5. carljoensson

carljoensson Member

Hi,
    I'm no pedal stacking pro, and I tend to go for lower drive sounds. Since I'm particularly fond of the HB's sensitivity to picking strength I've preferred it to go first. Also, the Timmy's great EQ makes it such a good thing to place last in the chain.
    I got the Timmy first and loved it. Recently I got the HB and loved it too for somewhat different reasons. Now it seems HB will do the dirt-work for me, while the Timmy is my boost or gearshift pedal.

However since the HB by many is considered to be very amplike, people seem to like it (last) fed with a fuzz or other overdrive etc as well. Since I'm a lowdrive guy, I consider HB "my fuzzy sound"./C

6. steadygarcia

steadygarcia Member

Very interesting perspective - thanks for sharing! I'm definitely going to have to play a little here.

7. erksin

erksin Member

I run HBOD -> Timmy, it just sounds best to me that way.

I have a Screw Driver before the HBOD and it sounds awesome pushing it too. All three pedals are set for different flavors of low gain grit and I use them in various combinations for different sounds.