• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Timmy & Hot Cake

LittleWagon

That's a great question... I've got both, but I've never tried stacking them! I stack my Timmy (light gain) into my Klone, set to a clean boost, and that's a tremendous combo.

van_delay

I prefer Hotcake-->Timmy to take full advantage of the Timmy's flexible EQ options. Hotcake provides a thick rhythm tone and Timmy is there for a brighter, slightly dirty boost. Great pairing!

Original_Fire

When I had the pair I would have the Hotcake before the Timmy in the chain after testing out both options. I really loved stacking the two, as well as using both on their own, but I kind of feel like the Timmy is great to stack with just about any other drive pedal. It ultimately depends on what you're trying to achieve sonically, so I say try it out and see which one you prefer first.

For sake of reference, I've used this combination with an AC30, Marshall Class 5, and Mesa Lonestar Special. I would set the Hotcake's drive on the fuzzier, fuller side, and the Timmy would be set for a slight volume push with a bit of grit if I really dug in. Loved how the two seemed to just mesh together.

IowaCorn

When I had the pair I would have the Hotcake before the Timmy in the chain after testing out both options. I really loved stacking the two, as well as using both on their own, but I kind of feel like the Timmy is great to stack with just about any other drive pedal. It ultimately depends on what you're trying to achieve sonically, so I say try it out and see which one you prefer first.

For sake of reference, I've used this combination with an AC30, Marshall Class 5, and Mesa Lonestar Special. I would set the Hotcake's drive on the fuzzier, fuller side, and the Timmy would be set for a slight volume push with a bit of grit if I really dug in. Loved how the two seemed to just mesh together.
Thanks! I just didn't know if taking advantage of the Hot Cakes buffer would be an advantage first. But it seems Timmy second is the vote for its EQ.

Trending Topics