Timmy on the way, yeah!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ToneRanger, Nov 28, 2005.

1. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Just ordered two Timmys last night, one for me, one for a friend! I was able to reach Paul 'cause he was home all day, normally the time difference between Finland and USA makes it pretty difficult. He was very nice and tolerated my bad English really well :) Really a nice guy, he said he has 200 Timmys on order right now! What a workload...

Well, I can't wait for the pedal to arrive!

Has anyone tried stacking Timmy with a COT 50? Or with a Hot Cake? Eternity? SCOD? I have a COT and a Cake and I'm planning to get the Eternity and a SCOD is on the way too..

We'll see what the application for the Timmy will be.. It seems to work really well as a clean boost but the overdrive sounds really good too.. When stacking Timmy with other pedals do like it before or after them? Ok, thanks!

2. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

:eek:

I ordered mine in early October and basing it on recent arrival dates I hope to get "the call" in a couple weeks. Glad Paul is getting this much work, if he wants it that is. ;)

3. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

The COT 50 into a Timmy is smoking. The COT excited those cutting frequencies and makes for a killer high gain combination.

4. drolling

drolling Member

And one of them's mine.

Thanks to TGP braintrust, my electric tone has never been better. Even the GF's impressed, and she's not just humoring me, for a change.

If Timmy's 1/2 as good as the rest of the sound shapers I've added to the board this year, I will be STRATOSPHERIC.

Props to all!

5. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

I ordered mine in early September and have not heard from Paul despite having left 2 messages in the past 2 weeks. Any idea if i'm on schedule here (in accordance with how long everyone else has been waiting?)

I was told the first week in November when i ordered, but i guess that has been pushed back...

Brian

6. pepeteus

pepeteus Member

Hey, ToneRanger!

It's nice to see another Finn getting a Timmy. I got my TIM and Timmy almost a year and a half ago. I have to say that I've been very happy with the both of them. They may be the two pedals I will never get rid of. Absolutely great pedals with EL84 amps. At least my Peavey Delta Blues loves them. The also use them stacked TIM --> Timmy. The TIM is set for a very low od and Timmy is set for a medium overdrive. Together they sing nicely - TIM driving the Timmy especially when the boost in TIM in turned on.

I had a Hotcake, but sold it just a few months ago to purchase a MI Audio Tube Zone. That is my heavy OD at the moment. I never really tried stacking the Hotcake with the band volumes but at the bedroom volumes they stacked great. So far I haven't tried a pedal that the TIM/Timmy doesn't work well with. HC was a good pedal but I didn't really need it after I got the TIM and the Timmy.

Congratulations on a good purchase! Let us hear how it works for you...Maybe next year or so...;)

7. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Hey pepeteus,

I've been trying to reach you. Do you check your PM:s? Yep, I was trying to ask how you got your Timmy to Finland but I guess we worked it out. The other Timmy ToneRanger has ordered is for me! Great! Can't wait!

B.T.W. What is your band called? Got to hear those pedals live!

8. pepeteus

pepeteus Member

PM sent and yours read (now). ;)

I should add that I managed to order the pedals from Paul by E-mail. Guess I was lucky then. And I say it again - Paul was a pleasure to deal with! I'm almost too embarrased to say how great he was. And Paul knows what I'm talking about...

9. ToneRanger

ToneRanger Member

Hi there pepeteus!

It would be nice to know how many Timmys or TIMs have found their way to Finland. Not too many, I guess!

It's nice to hear that you've been happy with your pedals. I too have an EL84 amp, a Bad Cat Cub II. I love the amp and I'm really digging the idea of the uncoloring nature of the Timmy. I love my sound as it is, I just want more of it ;)

How much gain does the Timmy provide and which settings sound best? I've understood that the Timmy offers more gain than the TIMs normal mode but when the boost is engaged the TIM has more gain?

Ok, thanks! I'll keep you posted when the Timmy arrives. I'm patient though and luckily I have other stuff coming in as well. Actually my SCOD should be here any minute now and for that I have zero patience left... :)