Timmy or OCD to go with my screwdriver??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gapple88, Mar 20, 2006.

1. gapple88

gapple88 Member

or both?

My existing pedals are, Boss GE7 - Boss DD3 - Visual Sound Chorus - Boss BD2 - Screwdriver - Vox V848 wah. All stock boss pedals.

Thinking of getting rid some pedals....namely the bosses,...

anybody tried OCD with Screwdriver or Timmy with Screwdriver?

Marc's Screwdriver is definitely a keeper.

2. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

My Screwdriver should be arriving at the end of this week. I'll let you know then. I have the other two!

3. RickB

RickB Member

I run my Screw Driver with the gain pretty low. It sounds great running into my OCD (at any gain setting) as well as into my Blues Pro. The Screw Driver is really versatile and sounds great on its own as well as stacked. I have not had the chance yet to play a Timmy but I don't think you can make a wrong decision since I have not found a pedal that the Screw Driver doesn't play nice with.

4. erksin

erksin Member

I should have my Screw Driver in a few days. I have a Timmy that replaced a Keeley BD-2, so I'll let you know how they sound together. I had a early version OCD and didn't really care for it - with the newer mods it would have probably been more to my liking, but it sounds nothing like the Timmy. If you like your BD-2, but want to 'upgrade' the Timmy is more in that ballpark than the OCD.

5. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I've got this feeling that the Screwdriver is quite alot like the OCD tonewise, but does the light OD better, I can't get the OCD completely clean with humbuckers, other than playing with the volume on the guitar. The Screwdriver on the other hand did this really well + it has a lot of gain on tap if needed. I like the OCD for medium/hard gain and I really liked the low OD on the Screwdriver...

6. empty71

empty71 Member

I've got a Screw Driver and Top Fuel on it's way to me. Just spend the weekend with Marc and checked out both pedals at his place. They RAWK!!!! You should consider going Skreddy all the way.

Will report more when I'm back home early April. I'm presently visiting friends in the U.S.

7. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

I hope you didn't try my pedals! Only kidding!

8. JBarlow

JBarlow Member

9. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

bump, question in reverse, got a timmy coming and am interested how it would sound with a screwdriver (so I can order another OD)

10. Sid

Sid Member

I have my Screwdriver on the way too....cant wait...once it gets here...will let you know how it stacks with a lovepedal lo atleast...i know it goes beautifull with all TS pedals and the blackstone mosfet

11. gapple88

gapple88 Member

Had a timmy stacked with my screwdriver.....not to my taste. Sold the timmy and now my SD is paired with the Blackstone.

Am very happy thus far, but have a incoming carb.

12. Sid

Sid Member

SD+carb mmm...sounds interesting:crazy