Timmy Settings

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by porsch8, Jul 2, 2006.

1. porsch8

porsch8 Member

What are you setting your Timmy at??

MIne is pretty neutral all the way...Volume 1 oclock...Gain 12 oclock...Bass 11 oclock....Treble 1 oclock

Got some good boost and slight grit going

2. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

volume 11 oclock, Gain 12 oclock, Bass 1 oclock, Treble 1 oclock.

It gives me a mild gain. I mostly use this sound as my rhythm sound. The timmy is mostly on all the time, except when I use clean. I stack a Barber DD, and a Hellbilly on top of it for different and heavier tones. My guitar is a Heritage H157 through a Hughes and Kettner Puretone.

3. Blues Wail

Blues Wail Member

it varies all the time but now.........volume noon, gain@10, bass and treble around 11 or so. i love my timmy, he is really cute!:crazyguy

4. Fuzzdawg

Fuzzdawg Member

i am still waiting for my call.

any day now.

5. Coach

Coach Senior Member

I'm really dying to get mine

6. erksin

erksin Member

I usually run mine within these settings - depends on the guitar and if I'm in a stacking mood...

least compressed mode
    Volume - noon/1:00
    Gain - noon/2:00
    Bass - 1:00/2:00
    Treble - 1:30/2:30

7. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER

My Timmy is first in the drive chain used as my rhythm "chang" to "cruch" overdrive and is run a bit above unity.

I'm running my Timmy with an LM1458 in asymmetrical clipping mode and while the settings vary depending on which of my guitars is being used, the venue and how loud my amp is they are in the range of:-

Volume - noon/2.00
    Gain - 10.00/12.00
    Bass - 1.00/2.00
    Bass - 1.00/2.30

8. Ken

Ken Member

What does asymmetrical clipping mode do for the sound? And how do you get there on the TIM?

9. asdf

asdf Member

The Tim doesn't have asymmetrical clipping- only the Timmy does. The default sound on both the Timmy is to have both dipswitches down- on the Tim it is to have the pull pot on the back pushed in. On the Timmy, if you put up one of the two dip switches, it hard clips one side of the signal. The pedal will sound slightly softer and will have just a little more gain and compression. With the pull pot on the Tim pulled out, or both dip switches "up" in the Timmy, both sides of the signal are hard clipped and this is the most compressed/gainy sound the pedals have to offer.

10. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER

Well put!

In my set up I find that the asymmetrical mode simulates the compression characteristics of my AC30 a bit better while still having plenty of openess and chime. Both DIPs up is a bit too compressed for me.

Both DIPs off works great for clean boost or into an amp with a lot of front end gain where you want to minimise the compression.