Timmy stacked with a Timmy...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sweetpea, Oct 19, 2005.

1. sweetpea

sweetpea Supporting Member

I like the tone of the Timmy so much in every setting that I have decided to just get another one and stack it. I am really digging the Timmy in compressed mode for a singing gain and also in non compressed mode for a nice inbetween tone. I am hoping that they stack well with one another for a three channel setup. Strat-Wah-Timmy-Timmy-vibe-chorus-delay-Fargen. I kept wondering what od/dist. to pick up to compliment the Timmy? I just love the string response the Timmy provides. It is so alive and responsive. Notes seem to jump and bloom from the fretboard. This is starting to sound like a love letter. Maybe I am just losing my mind:p

2. eknapier

eknapier Member

I've been running my Timmy last in my chain of OD's, behind a Analog man 808/Silver and a Keeley RAT. I was getting irritated with the TS before I got the TImmy. But now I can dial out some of the EQ that bothers me on the TImmy while still getting a little of that mid-boost that really makes you cut through the mix. A TS before the Timmy is a great combo. But then the RAT as well just adds the right amount of crunch that I love and the TImmy seems to sweeten and warm it up a bit. Overall, with this setup I've got all the OD/Distortion tones I need, and they are all very controllable with the Timmy. My next foray is into the world of fuzz....

3. tubes4tone

tubes4tone Supporting Member

The Tim/Timmy is indeed a flexible pedal. You can use it as a clean boost, low mid or high'ish gain, treble boost (treble cut full CCW, Bass cut up some) and on and on. I don't think you're out of your mind for wanting to stack 2 of 'em, and for the price, it's a deal that can't be beat. If you don't like it, you can always sell it to one of the 41,867 people that want one "right now."

Do it, order it now!

4. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

I think mine should arive any day now. I am going to run it after a power screamer. I'll use the timmy for that awsome inbetween and cruch stuff and use the power screamer for the compressed stuff.

5. jzguitar

jzguitar Member

Not to veer off-topic, but how long have the people who are receiving their Timmys now been waiting? I've been waiting about 6 - 7 weeks - just wondering if that's about right.
    Thanks!

jz

6. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

When I called a few weeks ago I was told 5 weeks. Seems like people are waiting closer to 2 months though.

7. Kingpin

Kingpin Member

FWIW, I'm at 8 weeks now, should be hearing from Paul soon.

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come!:)

8. Frethog

Frethog Member

PC was involved in a side project but should be getting caught up soon. I just got my Timmy this week, and I'm having fun sticking it in all kinds of places...:eek:

9. Boogie92801

Boogie92801 Member

Paul is great and he will take care of you.

10. OldNo.7

OldNo.7 Member

I've been waiting 10 weeks for a Timmy. The wait doesn't bother me at all, because I already have a Tim... :)

11. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

It was two months back when I got mine about 6 months ago.

WELL worth the wait, any wait really. Ended my search.

12. sweetpea

sweetpea Supporting Member

Thanks for the response guys. However, still looking for the Timmy+Timmy stacked combination if in case anybody is doing this? I am thinking the only possible downfall would be a lack of some mids as the Timmy is so midless so to speak. Maybe a Timmy and a Zendrive? or Eternity?

13. eknapier

eknapier Member

yea, like I said a TS-type pedal before the Timmy is a great combo.... but I think "which" TS-type pedal could generate another thread all in its self (or 2, or 3....).

14. pepeteus

pepeteus Member

I don't use 2 Timmys but the TIM and the Timmy together. They are great stacked. TIM is my low OD and I've been using Timmy for solos after the TIM in my chain of pedals. My amp is quite middy to begin with (Peavey Delta Blues with EL84 tubes) so they work great. I use the boost in TIM quite a bit when I want to goose the Timmy into heavier overdrive. It gets a nice compression that way.