Timmy Stacking.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by gregory49, Feb 11, 2008.

1. gregory49

gregory49 Member

My BJF Honey Bee stacks amazingly well with my BBB07 fuzz. How well does a timmy stack with fuzz pedals?

2. sandman

sandman Member

'amazingly well' again. you can even use it to 'fix' yr fuzz if it's too muddy on the bottom or whatever...it won't mess w/ yr fuzz in a typical OD/TS way.

3. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Yes. Thats What I mean.. I found that the LDO doesn't stack that great because of the compression and mid hump .. so the Timmy has the same openess that the HBOD has?

4. sandman

sandman Member

Wish I had a chance to try the HBOD but Timmy(Tim in my case) is as open as it gets. :)

5. Realfi

Realfi trying to re-MEMBER Silver Supporting Member

More open than the HB I'd say. The HB has a great character and sweetening effect though.

6. gregory49

gregory49 Member

Cool. Yeah I know its a great OD. I just want to branch out and get something a little higher gain . Mostly as a rhythem OD.

7. gregory49

gregory49 Member

8. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

timmy plus high gain is the ultimate tone for me when i want metal/hard rock chords or gilmour leads. . .

9. slowburn

slowburn Supporting Member

if you crank the gain but leave the bass unattenuated on the timmy, it gives some very fuzz-esque tones... but to your question, I used to run it alongside a lovepedal karl fuzz and it worked beautifully...

10. yakuza

yakuza Member

Try a treble booster.

11. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

Depends on the placement. For me, I like fuzzes that are at the beginning of the chain. So if the Timmy is after, then it takes away from the fuzzy character. This is great on some crazy pedals, like a Fuzz Factory, but on most it just sounds like a gainny overdrive. However, best combo I've tried was Timmy first, then a Cusack Screamer fuzz. I turned down the drive knob and turned up the fuzz, and wham! Killer fuzz tones. JUst my two cents.