• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Timmy users- prefer symmetrical or asymmetrical setting?

Using Timmy in symmetrical or asymmetrical mode?

• symmetrical

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • asymmetrical

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gary Brennan

Platinum Supporting Member
Just curious which setting most prefer? I'm still undecided (only had it for 2 weeks), but currently set asymmetrical.

gb

Last edited:

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't vote, becaue I Love both. I'm actually on the list for a 2nd Timmy so I can have 1 symm & 1 asymm... I think it could replace my FD2. On assym, with my rig, and the way I use the pedals, the assym Timmy sounded almost identical to the FD2...but better. So right now, I have the Timmy for symm, FD2 for asymm.

"the way I use It": my tube amp is already cooking, a good rhythm tone, I then use OD pedals to push the amp a bit more for solos... more gain/compression/sustain.

nibus

Asymmetrical is so much more pleasing to my ears - more amplike and smooth.

I have 2 right now, one for slight breakup, and another for full overdrive. Stack both of them and it's OD heaven.

I don't know why, but I like symmetrical when the Timmy is last and asymmetrical when the Timmy is stacked before another overdrive.... I voted asymmetrical because that is how I'm using it at the moment. I also never use the compressed mode in either my Timmy or Tim.

Angle Loss

I suggest redoing the poll like this:

symmetrical compressed (both up)
asymmetrical (one up-one down)
symmetrical uncompressed (both down-stock)

My fav is symmetrical uncompressed with a TL072. The LM1458 and JRC4559 are great for different flavors.

Gary Brennan

Platinum Supporting Member
I forgot about compressed mode. CanvI edit to include it, I did not see that option when I clicked edit?

gb

Angle Loss

i don't know if you can edit, but since it was just started you can just delete this thread and start a new one. I promise to vote again:)

OOG

Asymmetrical is so much more pleasing to my ears - more amplike and smooth.

I have 2 right now, one for slight breakup, and another for full overdrive. Stack both of them and it's OD heaven.
love to do this
so
gonna get 2 Timmys built into a Tim box

Trending Topics