Timmy users- prefer symmetrical or asymmetrical setting?

Using Timmy in symmetrical or asymmetrical mode?

• symmetrical

Votes: 17 63.0%
  • asymmetrical

Votes: 10 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gar B

Platinum Supporting Member
Just curious which setting most prefer? I'm still undecided (only had it for 2 weeks), but currently set asymmetrical.

gb

Last edited:

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't vote, becaue I Love both. I'm actually on the list for a 2nd Timmy so I can have 1 symm & 1 asymm... I think it could replace my FD2. On assym, with my rig, and the way I use the pedals, the assym Timmy sounded almost identical to the FD2...but better. So right now, I have the Timmy for symm, FD2 for asymm.

"the way I use It": my tube amp is already cooking, a good rhythm tone, I then use OD pedals to push the amp a bit more for solos... more gain/compression/sustain.

nibus

Asymmetrical is so much more pleasing to my ears - more amplike and smooth.

I have 2 right now, one for slight breakup, and another for full overdrive. Stack both of them and it's OD heaven.

I don't know why, but I like symmetrical when the Timmy is last and asymmetrical when the Timmy is stacked before another overdrive.... I voted asymmetrical because that is how I'm using it at the moment. I also never use the compressed mode in either my Timmy or Tim.

Angle Loss

I suggest redoing the poll like this:

symmetrical compressed (both up)
asymmetrical (one up-one down)
symmetrical uncompressed (both down-stock)

My fav is symmetrical uncompressed with a TL072. The LM1458 and JRC4559 are great for different flavors.

Gar B

Platinum Supporting Member
I forgot about compressed mode. CanvI edit to include it, I did not see that option when I clicked edit?

gb

Angle Loss

i don't know if you can edit, but since it was just started you can just delete this thread and start a new one. I promise to vote again:)

OOG

Asymmetrical is so much more pleasing to my ears - more amplike and smooth.

I have 2 right now, one for slight breakup, and another for full overdrive. Stack both of them and it's OD heaven.

love to do this
so
gonna get 2 Timmys built into a Tim box

Trending Topics

Top Bottom