Timmy versus Eternity

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by porsch8, Feb 15, 2008.

1. porsch8

porsch8 Member

I have a Timmy and its a very good pedal. Is the eternity that much different and/or better than the Timmy? Is there a convincing argument to have one over the other, if not have both!?!?!

2. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

Well one will be better than the other depending on your needs but they are both very good pedals. They are pretty much nothing alike either. The Timmy does a better clean boost and a rawer low/med gain thing. The E doesn't get super high gain either but it's a lot smoother with more mids, a much better lead pedal IMO.

3. TheGigPig

TheGigPig Member

+1
    The are completely different.
    The Timmy is a great low gain pedal with very nice eq and a low output impedance. It does have a good range of gain but i do think it's lower gain tones are more useable. The E has more gain(well mine does, but it depends on the version and chip you use), tighter on the bottom end with very interactive controls and a much higher output impedance which means it's suseptable to capacitance in the cable that is placed in the output. Trick here is to place a realy great buffer AFTER the E.
    They play very nicely together.

4. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

Timmy=rhythm work
    Eternity=lead work

Totally different pedals...both great.

5. Marty McFly

Marty McFly Member

Just got my Timmy tonight, and I think this is how I'll be using mine.

- The Eternity has more mids and sustain, and I think it's a bit more compressed.

- First impression of the Timmy: it blew me away for both low gain and medium gain rhythm sounds. I just pulled my OCD off the board, and put the Timmy in it's spot. The tone controls are very effective on the Timmy, too. Wonderful little pedal!