Timmy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tthompso7, Sep 20, 2005.

1. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Just got my Timmy... it's sweet. Reminds me of an OCD in high peak mode with less gain and better tone shaping. Very open sounding.

I'm using my Hamer Korina Jr and Nash Tele -->Timmy --> Supra Trem --> Maxon AD900 -->Bad Cat Cub II or Gain Star 30. Lovin' the tones I'm getting with this setup.

Need to experiment with the dip switches but one of the settings clips the circuit a bit quicker for a bit more drive. Really nice... Unbelieveable for $100.

2. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

I agree, Paul makes some terrific overdrives.

[​IMG]

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Timmy is an alltime classic. I loved Tim, but REALLY love the Timmy.

4. erksin

erksin Member

I have to agree - I think it may be the best pedal I've ever owned. It sounds fantastic, stacks like nothing I've ever tried, works with every pup combination, and is really well made. I could easily be satisfied with the Timmy as my only pedal...

5. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

scott peterson, why do you prefer the timmy? smaller pots, no effectsloop, one gain dial ( not so fine tuned compared with the tim)? IS it the price ????

6. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Nice red Timmy. I just sold my Tim.

Reasons I prefer the Timmy:
    1. Size/profile, Tim is mega big. Too many knobs, I like things simple. When I can play direct to my amp, using just my guitar vol I will.
    2. I don't need the effects loop.
    3. I don't need an all in one OD boost. I use the vol knob on my guitar for most applications.

[​IMG]

7. fast ricky love

fast ricky love Supporting Member

Timmy is wonderful, my fav for an amp that isn't too bright. The only other pedal I've found so far that does it as highly for me is the Honey Bee.

8. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

How does one go about procuring said Timmy?

Paul C is seemingly elusive. I've had my Barber DD for a few years now and it's time for a fresh start.

9. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

Call him after 7PM... (615) 896-8555

10. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

My Timmy should be done by this weekend. Awe, I can't wait!

11. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

you sir, a scholar and a gentleman.

I suspect he's building them for all the Nashville guys I guess as that's a local number.

12. erksin

erksin Member

Paul builds 'em for anybody (even Oregonians) - just give him a call...

13. devbro

devbro Member

I ordered one about 3 weeks ago. Should I call him or it that frowned upon?:(

14. tthompso7

tthompso7 Guest

He told me when it would be ready and told me to call then. I gave him a few extra days and he was a week behind...no biggie he shipped for free. He was very cool on the phone. Nice guy all around. Call him when he said it would be ready. He basically told me it was taking 30 days to get them out the door.

15. jzguitar

jzguitar Member

I'm hoping to have mine by the end of the month or so. Every time I get on the boards and read all the raves about the Timmy, I get a bit more excited. I'm really looking forward to getting mine! BTW - as people have mentioned many times before, Paul was extremely helpful on the phone. He asked me if I had any questions and proceeded to explain the characteristics of the pedal and how it differed from a standard Tube Screamer-type pedal. Definitely a first-class guy to deal with.
    Anyone here using a Timmy with a Dr. Z?

16. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Smaller, more gain, don't need loop (never used it), tuned to my ear to perfection for low/mid gain grind and the price is outstanding.

I freaking love it. Tim was too big, had too much stuff I didn't use; the Timmy is exactly everything I liked about Tim in a smaller package... with more gain. :D

17. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

How much are they new?

jeffhef

18. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

I believe about $100 plus shipping...

19. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

GUYS PaulC has some guys who paint the boxes and make the boxes, and since they do the pedal thing on the side ( as Paul does) he can only make them as fast he can get those boxes.....

20. laurencer83

laurencer83 Member

i ordered a timmy about two weeks ago from paul c. he said the wait was about a month and a half, maybe a little longer. it's usually only about a month but he said he's actually making some for some stores to sell. i'm not sure if that's just locally or if he'll be shipping some to some of the bigger pedal distributors. just thought i'd let anyone who's thinking about ordering one know.