Timmy

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by EVT, Oct 29, 2005.

1. EVT

EVT Member

Hi everyone,
    I just got back from practice in a rehearsal studio and I'm pretty exited because I just got my Timmy pedal yesterday and got to try it out tonight. It sounds amazing! I currently have the timmy, a subdecay money shot envelope filter, and Analog Man Chorus pedal with depth toggle, boss tuner, and a looper that I use for switching between the analog man chorus and the timmy. I play mostly rhythm and at times the songs get heavier and this is where the timmy is used, or if it's a heavier song throughout it's just let on. I was using the fulldrive II before which is an excellent pedal too, but I like the timmy even better. I'm really happy I got it. Paul Cochrane was really nice to deal with. I am going to call him to tell him how happy I am.
    evt

2. Tone

Tone Member

Sounds cool. What amp were you using?:dude

3. EVT

EVT Member

Fender Blues Jr. I'm happy with it too. The style isn't really heavy, but it has an edge to it at times. I'm really happy with my pedalboard setup now.
    It's really good in the studio for mic'ng because you don't need to put it up to loud to get a good sound out of it and record it. Because I'm in an apartment, so I can't play very loud. For recording, I have been running my guitar through a sebatron vmp2000e then I'm reamping through a radial jdi into the blues jr. and mic'ng the amp with an sm57 powered by a safesound p1.
    evt

4. cslagle7

cslagle7 Member

So you're happy with the amount of dirt this thing is capable of? I know its a mid-gain overdrive, but how does this thing sound with the gain cranked? is it usable cranked? what do you think? looking forward to getting mine....

5. EVT

EVT Member

Absolutely, I think you will be happy with it, no doubt. I only add a little bit of overdrive to add a crunch, but it was capable of having a lot more when I turned up the gain. I like it better than my fulldrive II.
    evt

6. Tone

Tone Member

EVT,
    I forgot to ask. Did you run it through a really clean channel setting, or something just about to breakup?

7. erksin

erksin Member

I often use mine with the gain cranked to get a power-tubey type OD at low volumes - sounds great.

8. EVT

EVT Member

Yes I had the amp set clean.
    I just got a maxon phase tone today..... Pedalgeek opened up a shop near where I live, and my fiance and I went in there today... I got the maxon and my fiance got a pigtronix ep1, both really cool.
    http://www.pedalgeek.com/cgi-bin/new_shop.cgi
    So I just rearranged my pedalboard. I took out the subdecay envelope filter and I added the maxon phase tone (awesome pedal)...so my current pedalboard setup is...

A looper with loop one having:
    Analog man chorus
    Maxon phase tone

and loop two:
    Timmy
    Voodoo labs tremelo

I'm thrilled!
    evt
    :D

9. jeak

jeak Member

I finally gigged this afternoon with my Timmy. Sounded great. It was a solo Stick gig, so there was not much of a "mix" to cut through. Yet I did notice its nice clarity even in a room full of people yakking and a coffee grinder grinding. This held true throughout its gain range. I look a Zendrive along too, and it did not have the same clarity (great character as always, though). As for max gain on the Timmy, I did not like it much till I swapped out the IC for a smoother one. Now I like it all around. As erksin said, nice power amp drive sound. Not so much a "singling lead" tone.

10. jzguitar

jzguitar Member

Does the Timmy have a socketed IC? What did you wind up using? I should have my Timmy in the next week or two, and I've got a bunch of IC's that I've been trying in my TS9.

jz

11. dividedsky

dividedsky Member

I want to get mine in so bad. :dude

12. jeak

jeak Member

Yes, you can swap in whatever you want. I'm using a 1458. See this thread.

13. davidkiddmusic

davidkiddmusic Member

sorry guys but Im new to the timmy. Sounds cool. Can somebody tell me what the deal is with the TIM and timmy or the website for it to check it out?

Thanks a lot.

14. jeak

jeak Member

There's no website, but a search here will yield lots of info.

15. 6120

6120 Member

I tried the search and saw many great posts but no contact info. I too would like someone to post contact info if they have it. I will continue to search archive threads as well. Thank you

16. newstrat60

newstrat60 Member

EVT, i noticed u use a Blues Jr set clean with yr Timmy

but what guitar ? singles or HBs ?

17. EVT

EVT Member

18. EVT

EVT Member

Paul cochrane'ds number call after 7 pm 615-896-8555
    evt