Tims & Timmys in different colours?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by NB_Terry, Feb 29, 2012.

1. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

I have a Timmy in a copper colour coming in (sight unseen) from a friend of mine out west.

How many non-standard coloured pedals did Paul C make? I can't find any pics on the net.

2. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

None that ive ever seen. Paul could really boost his sales, I think if he started custom orders. Not sure he would want that though??

3. teleclem

teleclem Member

Can you post pics when you get them?

EDIT - this one?

[​IMG]

4. NB_Terry

NB_Terry Member

That's the colour I believe.

I have a Timmy coming in. Pretty sure there are no external toggles.

5. StratStringSlinger

StratStringSlinger Member

+1 That would be nice if there were some other color choices. I suggest for the May builds, that's when I'm up for one. =)

6. TimD

TimD Member

I have seen a "copper" color Timmy once a few years ago. I think the actual color is a paint used by nissan, Burnt orange I think.
    Isn't there a Nissan factory in Franklin Tn?

Anyways, great color!

7. namle

namle Member

I didn't get a custom colour Timmy. But I'm planning to rehouse mine into this

[​IMG]

And adding one more pedal together for a gain boost. I know I should have gotten a Tim but my board 6 months ago was small. I'm getting a bigger board and can afford a lil bit of extra space.

8. kev324

kev324 Supporting Member

I saw what looked like a green Timmy on one of Ty Herndon's guitar players board. Could've been the stage lighting but pretty sure it was green.

9. SeicheNZ

SeicheNZ Member

so... why does one guy have a special tim and all the others dont? ;)

10. Flight1311

Flight1311 Member

Didn't Paul make some blue ones for charity? Like to raise money for Katrina or for the floods in TN?

11. stratguy23

stratguy23 Member

I asked Paul about this because I had heard of the Tim/Timmy probably almost 8 years ago or so, and the guy had what I thought was a white Tim (the guy was named Tim too, so it was kinda funny), but Paul said he never made any in white, so I must be remembering wrong, but he did acknowledge building them in a few different colors but will not do that anymore.

12. Dave

Dave Member

I had a copper and a light blue Timmy.

13. natmiss

natmiss Member

My Tim is blue. I bought it used. Does that make it special? It's a blue metalflake.

14. Last Nerve

Last Nerve Supporting Member

Paul used to have a few colors he could use.
    Then for a Katrina auction he did some special finishes (might have involved Donner, IIRC).
    After that, Paul said only the stock finish.

IMO, ALL Tims/timmys are special. :)

15. Charlie_Pace

Charlie_Pace Member

I had a Tim that Dan from This1smyne repainted white for me. That's always an option.

16. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

I seem to remember some real early Tims and or Timmys with a plain, unpainted box.

17. brb9911

brb9911 Member

Mine has white knobs; bought it used. Not sure if these were added after initial purchase (my suspicion) or if Paul made it this way. FWIW, I think it's much easier to see settings in dim light with these knobs.

18. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

That was originally mine and that's my photo! I had a copper Timmy too. I also had the first ever toggle TIM with asymmetrical clipping..it was kinda my idea in a way in that I asked Paul for a TIM that would do the asymmetrical clipping sound that I liked so much from my Timmys.

I've had a couple of custom colour TIMs and Timmys over the years but Paul stopped doing the custom colour Timmys by agreement after the pedals he made for the Katrina auction...which I have one of.

I'm not sure when he stopped doing TIMs in custom colours. Here's another I had.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

If anyone has either of my custom colour TIMs I want em back!

19. teleclem

teleclem Member

That Timmy looks cool :aok

20. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

Yeah I love it. It's been on my board for a long time now. I have a current model toggle as a back up too.

I wish I could get one of my TIMs back though. For years I've been running Timmy > Klon into an AC30 with greenbacks and it's been just the ticket.

These days though with a lot of gigs being in smaller rooms I'm running a Magic Brit MK2 AC15 style with an Alnico Blue and the Klon sounds a bit congested. I think the more transparent TIM boost would be just enough kick given the earlier break-up point and extra compression of that amp.