Tiny Bus Powered Audio Interface?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by metropolis_4, May 7, 2019.

1. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

Does anyone make something like the Orange Omec Transport, but USB bus powered?

2. hippietim

hippietim Member

Line 6 Sonic Port, Apogee Jam+, iRig Pro

mbenigni and yeky83 like this.
  3. mac jones

mac jones Member

The iRig HD2 isn't in a pedal format but it's close. Check it out. It could be mounted on a board, no problem. It has amp out that can be switched to bypass or processed, volume control, gain control, and headphone jack. It also has a detachable clip for mounting on a mic stand. Class compliant.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/irighd2/

Using the amp out jack, it can be set to true bypass. No bus power needed
    That Orange pedal is nice, but this product is a very good USB interface in itself.

This is actually my favorite interface and I have several. It's just so small, and has great features.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  4. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

If you don't need a pedal there are a bunch mostly geared toward iOS but anything that works there is class compliant by definition and will work with a Mac. I have the iRig HD2 and Apogee Jam+ they are both solid.

5. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

Cool, thanks for the responses! I always forget about those iOS-geared interfaces.

Something like the iRig HD2 will probably work perfectly for what I'm thinking about.

6. adamquek

adamquek Member

iRig HD2 is Mac friendly, uses ASIO4all on Windows though, which works, but can be a little finicky sometimes.

The MOTU Microbook IIc is also pretty small, with much more functionality and better Windows drivers. I have both, the Microbook stays at home because I am lazy and the iRig HD2 gets the job done.

7. RAFS

RAFS Member

8. adamquek

adamquek Member

I have been eyeing the xsonic stuff with some interest, would be keen to hear feedback from actual users, particularly on the quality of the ASIO drivers

9. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

10. mac jones

mac jones Member

That Xsonic is something. I've never seen that before. Interesting. $150US Amazon.

11. Elric

Elric Supporting Member

Re: XSonic
    I was vaguely aware of that one, looks fun. I went to look that one up yesterday but couldn’t remember whether it was bus powered or what the proper name was so I ended up on the Hotone Xtomp page and gave up. ;)

12. RAFS

RAFS Member

I should have one in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully it works better than the iRig HD 2, which never sounded good with headphones/speakers plugged directly into the iRig. Was fine with headphones/speakers plugged into the iPad itself though. But then, that defeated the purpose of using the iRig.

13. Elantric

Elantric Silver Supporting Member

They just released the PRO model with Stereo I/O and 6 foot switches

But at that point - must also consider the MeloAudio Tone Shifter Mega

---
    [​IMG]

Description
    ①XTONE Pro is a professional stage and and multi-purpose intelligent audio interface for guitar, bass and vocals. Put it on the floor, it is a flagship level multi-effects pedal, that meets your daily practice, professional rehearsal and performance needs. ②Like XTONE, XTONE Pro is designed for the use of effects Apps ,and has an ultra-high sampling rate of 192KHz. For a better experience with software effects, Pro is optimized for latency and dynamic range compared to traditional audio interfaces. Pro has a higher dynamic range, clearer tone and ultra-low latency. ③Pro also has an specialized input designed for guitars, and XLR/Stereo outputs designed for live performances. Also, Pro can be used without external power supply, because Pro can be powered directly by iOS device/PC/MAC. With its 6 definable MIDI foot switches, expression pedals and third party effects software, XTONE Pro can satisfy all your imagination of tone. Put it on the table, it is also a studio-grade professional audio interface, meet your various needs for music production. ④XTONE Pro can also be used in professional-grade recordings. It offers built-in studio-grade microphone preamp、48V phantom power、hardware direct monitoring mode、clip indicator、MIDI IN/OUT jacks, and higher dynamic range and better sound quality than XTONE.⑤At present, the new generation of guitar effects software ,such as BIAS and ReValver , has been able to produce the same amazing tone as those of the hi-end hardware guitar processors. With XSPEED ultra-low latency technology + 6 definable foot switches + expression pedal input, in fact, XTONE Pro + High Quality Effects software = Hi end guitar processor.

Features & details
    Specifically designed for guitar effects apps/VST plugins
    192KHz Ultra-HD Audio/ 114db high dynamic range
    XSPEED technology brings ultra-low latency
    Expression pedal input & 6 definable midi foot switches
    Support iOS, PC, Mac, and can be powered directly by them
    Product information
    Item Weight 2.2 pounds
    Product Dimensions 7.7 x 4.8 x 2.4 inches
    Supported Software JamUp/BIAS AMP/BIAS FX/Guitar Rig/VocaLive/AmpKit/Amplitube etc.
    Additional Information
    ASIN: B07RJM4WVP
    Best Sellers Rank: 37786
    Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds
    Date First Available: April 30, 2019

--

[​IMG]
    But if its quality you seek - consider the CEntance MixerFace R4R
    https://centrance.com/store/[/I]

or CEntrance MicPort Pro 2
    [​IMG]
    https://centrance.com/store/MicPort-Pro-2-Mobile-Recording-Interface-*Preorder*-p129318859
    Capture sound anywhere with MicPort Pro 2 - a mobile recording interface for smartphones, tablets and computers. Featuring a long-life rechargeable battery and a boutique microphone preamp with 48V phantom power, it transforms your smartphone into a full-featured portable recording studio. Complete with switchable Hi-Z (guitar/bass) input, High Pass Filter and a great headphone amp, MicPort Pro 2 creates an end-to-end mobile recording solution for podcasters, journalists, voiceover artists, songwriters and touring musicians.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    yeky83, metropolis_4 and Elric like this.