Tiny Terror- Korean vs. China made

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by bmenary, Jan 30, 2008.

1. bmenary

bmenary Member

Any of you Orange Tiny Terror guys- I heard there is an earlier made Korean model and that they sound better then the newer Chinese made jobs-

Anyone have a comment on that-

Bmenary
    Illinois

2. KazJY

KazJY Member

I had a Korean model at one point - no guessing if they sounded better, but the tubes were supposedly better, and my salesguy said he thought there were better components, but I know people who have the Chinese version and love it just the same.

It was rumored that it was a very limited run, but every time he was ordering them up to the New Year, the Korean versions were still coming in - so there's a lot of them out there, for sure.

3. thedavide

thedavide Member

I own the Korean model. I don't know about sounds better but I'm willing to bet it's made better.

4. Mudder

Mudder Member

I have a Chinese model and it's exactly the same as the most recent Korean models, but with unlabeled tubes instead of JJs. Orange is real particular about their QC and the chinese plant is doing good work.

5. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

They sure have improved a lot in the last few years, considering all the problems I read about with the rockerverb series. I had trouble with my RV50 :(

6. bmenary

bmenary Member

Thanks for the replies