• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tips for removing a Gibson saddle?

TheShaggyFox

My D string won't intonate at all, this has never happened before with my guitar. Put the saddle as close as possible towards the neck but still way flat. I'm trying to flip it around to get it closer to the neck but I'm having the most difficult time getting the saddle out of the bridge (things are kindof rusted looking). Any tips? Thank you.

hogy

1. What Gibson bridge? You can remove/flip the saddle on some like the ABR-1. On some, like the Nashville bridge, the saddles can't be flipped (easily).

2. If this never happened before on the same guitar, I would suspect a faulty string first. I've seen plenty of DRs for example that wouldn't intonate.

TheShaggyFox

Tried a new string and everything its A-OK. I never knew that bad strings affect intonation. Learn something new everyday! :messedup

I had this happen with a bass string once. Crazy. Used a nut blank to figure out where it would have intonated at- right behind the bridge pickup on a Jazz bass...

Trending Topics