tips/settings for a stereo rig with an M13?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by weshunter, Jan 29, 2012.

1. weshunter

weshunter Silver Supporting Member

i'm about to start running my 5e3 with a tweaker in stereo with my M13 as the stereo separator. I've never used a stereo rig before. I assume I'll just try the ping pong delays and verbs and what not, but I thought somebody might have some tips or settings they're using for this kind of rig. It seems like the M13 would be a good device for using in stereo.

2. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Two totally different amps can be killer for this. I've done it with an M13 before.

modulated delays sound super-sweet in stereo, too, and less "distracting" than ping pong delay. Same with a bunch of the modulation FX (which I'm not using lately myself... but do dig sometimes).

3. weshunter

So the mod on the mod delays have a spread to them? Cool - I didn't know that. I don't usually use a lot of mod other than trem, but I can definitely play around with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

4. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy

Some of them, I don't think all, do. For instance, pretty sure the mxr phaser is mono.

5. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

I use the stereo delay with a low mix setting. It's nice for getting a little bit of spread. Especially if you run the right side with 100ms and the left side with 250ms, it's almost like a stereo spread without the actual delay trails. Just athickening agent, kinda like what you'd get from some of the old Rush/ Alex Lifeson stuff.

Also, try running the analog chorus with a very slow speed and low depth. It spreads without pulling you too far into the 80's chorus tone.

6. weshunter

right on -- i'll definitely try that. thanks

7. TheFlash

TheFlash Member

The panner effect is killer!

8. dognmoon

dognmoon Supporting Member

+1 on the panner idea. Try running the panner after some Throbber and Pattern Tremelo for a very cool sliced and diced techno effect. May not work for the stage since it's so rhythm-critical but it's cool for recording.

9. weshunter

just got the 2nd amp in yesterday -- looking forward to trying some of this stuff