• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tired of the always loose tele jack..

wescattle

Is there anyway i can use a les paul style jack plate n my tele. The stock circle tele one is always loose!

CowTipton

Gold Supporting Member
If you're not already running your cord up over the back strap button, do so. It's the twisting and swinging of the cord that loosens the round jack more than anything else. No swinging = no loosening.

If you are already doing that, electrosocket. :)

nrandall85

I always drip super glue around it very carefully. If I need to get it off, I heat it up and use a little elbow grease.

Teflon tape also works.

The right answer though is definitely electrosocket. I even went as far as drilling a huge hole in my G&L ASAT for one. Not because it was coming loose, but because it kept shorting out. It was one of those long threaded jacks held in with a thread, and it was a nightmare to access. Problem solved.

pacemaker

I've had a Tele with an electrosocket, which is an elegant solution to the problem, but you can also just plop an LP style jack plate on there if you want. I have another Tele utilizing that solution:

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
+ more to the electrosocket. the original was the one thing leo got wrong with the first teles.

the trick is to screw in the switchcraft jack with no star washer; that leaves you just enough clearance to use a right-angle plug.

Dashface

I've had a Tele with an electrosocket, which is an elegant solution to the problem, but you can also just plop an LP style jack plate on there if you want. I have another Tele utilizing that solution:

Exactly the same thing I did to my tele custom! It's the only way. Why mess around? Just bolt one on there already.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
The LP plate works fine, but the electrosocket allows for going back to stock with no leftover screw holes.

Hulakatt

Has done terrible things for a klondike bar
Gold Supporting Member
I wish I could put an electrosocket on more of my guitars!

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
I got one of these, works great.

Not sure what it's called though. :bonk

Trending Topics

Top Bottom