Title Edit: Kauer Banshee Build - ARRIVED!!

skhan007

Supporting Member
Looks awesome!! Someone may have already suggested this, but you should now change your screen name to BansheePlayer. :)

Crshngdstryr

+1 for Kauer and @dougk. I haven’t had the privilege to own one of his guitars yet, but I played several at CME about a year ago and they were incredible. Really great guitars. I’ve also asked Doug some general luthier questions about other guitars I own, which he graciously took the time to answer for me, with no expectation of anything in return. Doug and his company set the standard for professionalism, courtesy and top-notch quality in the industry. I view Doug as one of the top dogs in guitar making.

Very happy for you OP! What a killer looking guitar. Enjoy it!

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
+1 for Kauer and @dougk. I haven’t had the privilege to own one of his guitars yet, but I played several at CME about a year ago and they were incredible. Really great guitars. I’ve also asked Doug some general luthier questions about other guitars I own, which he graciously took the time to answer for me, with no expectation of anything in return. Doug and his company set the standard for professionalism, courtesy and top-notch quality in the industry. I view Doug as one of the top dogs in guitar making.

Very happy for you OP! What a killer looking guitar. Enjoy it!
Thanks, brother. Totally enjoyable guitar. Makes ya wanna stroll over the the amp and turn it up ...... real loud.

I like it so much that, a couple weeks ago, I saw #350 for sale. My wife (we were not yet married when she had #351 made for me - but we are now...) said to me, "And??? What are you waiting for????"

So here is #350:

Here are #350 and #351 together:

Doug, for those of you that have not spoken with him or done business with him, is a complete gentleman. It is a total pleasure doing business with Doug; what a cool cat. Highly recommended for many reasons.

Peanut73

Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Thanks, brother. Totally enjoyable guitar. Makes ya wanna stroll over the the amp and turn it up ...... real loud.

I like it so much that, a couple weeks ago, I saw #350 for sale. My wife (we were not yet married when she had #351 made for me - but we are now...) said to me, "And??? What are you waiting for????"

So here is #350:

Here are #350 and #351 together:

Doug, for those of you that have not spoken with him or done business with him, is a complete gentleman. It is a total pleasure doing business with Doug; what a cool cat. Highly recommended for many reasons.
Fred, your experience with Doug has me seriously thinking about a Super Chief sporting a B5 Bigsby. Doug seems like a class act.

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Fred, your experience with Doug has me seriously thinking about a Super Chief sporting a B5 Bigsby. Doug seems like a class act.
David,

Doug is a total gem to work with. Just a great cat - as a person, businessman, luthier/builder.

I sent Banshee #350 back to Doug for a once-over, including a PLEK job. Just got it back today. It's ON FIRE. Just a great piece. The finish on this one is gorgeous. Interestingly, the shade of red changes, based on how the light hits it. Here is how it looked today, when I took it out of it's gig bag:

I'd recommend Doug and his team to anyone for a build. Great communications. Great business protocols They deliver what they say they are going to deliver x1,000.

If you decide to order a Super Chief, I am certain @dougk will take care of you.