• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

To Attenuate or Not?

NoBrakes

I have a 85 watt Twin a 50 watt H&K and a Lil' Giant.... I'm starting to figure out that the Lil' Giant ight be a little small for gigging....Question would you prefer to use a smaller amp to get into the "sweet zone" or attenuate a larger amp? I have another Rebel 20 coming to replace one that arrived DOA.. I have a rehersal tommorrow so I might get the answer.. I don't have a attenuator so I'm curious...

HeeHaw

If you can get your Rebel into the sweet spot without attenuation and still have a clean channel then go for it. I play out at church about every third week now for years and have used several THD hotplates with 30 and 50 watt non master volume amps with a good degree of success. I consider an attenuator a crucial part of my rig. I have had lots of nice compliments on my tone. I just wish my stinky playing was up to par.:D:puh

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
imho... BIG amp and attenuator works best.

Mickey64

It's a personal thing, I tried a 2.7 ohm Hotplate with my Vibroking, and realised I prefer the sound I get with a couple of decent pedals. The Hotplate did what it's supposed to do very well though.

Trending Topics