To MOD or not? Small Clone

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by RockDC, Feb 23, 2012.

1. RockDC

RockDC Member

So I heard there are some great mods out there for the EH Small Clone.

Here's a link:
    http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/board/index.php?topic=1578.0

Basically its a few mods to turn the Small Clone Chorus into a Chorus/Vibrato/Tremolo.

Do I need a vibrato? Not really
    Do I need a tremolo? Not really

But I am good at modding... if I decided to resell it I guess it should make it more valuable since its just a reissue and kinda scratched up already. Plus it should be fun.

What do you think?

2. GtrDr

GtrDr Member

A depth control would be nice, but it's stock tone is so nice. I use the A/D A Final Phase, it has all those adjustments.

3. RockDC

RockDC Member

Those Final Phases are PRICEY!!!

4. rollo greb

rollo greb Member

I just modded mine and it's awesome. I added the depth control, and changed the depth switch to a vibrato switch. Highly recommended! The vibrato is gorgeous, but then I really love wiggly stuff.

Didn't bother with the tremolo mod, I didn't feel like drilling more holes and had no need for another trem.

5. alexLg

alexLg Member

Hi guys, I know is a bit late, but there are some people that are thinking to mod their small clone, so maybe this video will hel them.

I do recomend to mod the small clone, specially, the speed rate and vibrato mods.

6. andrekp

andrekp Member

I have a Small Clone clone that I made. It HAS the depth Pot, and I think adding THAT is a good thing. I also put in a vibrato switch (basically, just eliminates the dry signal so all you get is the warbling chorus part). It's fun to mess with a little bit, but it gets zero use in the world. But that's a simply mod (one switch), so you might as well.

I was unaware that you could also get tremolo out of these things. That could be useful.

7. RachelW

RachelW Member

Modding is fun! On a pedal like that, and if you have the skills, I'd say go for it!