to T-Rex Replica owners...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sega, Jan 16, 2008.

1. sega

sega Member

I got my unit send to Denmark about a issue.
    I'm not sure if it's normal or if it's wrong but when I turn the echo knob past 12;00 oclock I hear less of my guitar and much more the echo.
    A lot less dry and too much wet signal.

Maybe it's alright but i'm not sure...

Secondly when I move the echo knob while playing the echo stops slightly and reajust to the new speed.

Meaning I don't hear the note sustaining and waving.It really stops for a fraction of second.

So if you get near your Replica and feel like testing it, tell me how your's react.

Thanks

2. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I have two right now, both from TGP members.

#3047 and #4209. Here are some things I've noticed:
    -On 3047, the dry signal gets drowned out at 11, whereas the wet signal becomes overpowering between 11 and 12 on 4029.
    -3047 is a slight bit darker (sounds better to me) with the brown button off
    -The repeat button on 3047 is about 1 hour less than on 4029, same as the level

It seems that the earlier model has a stronger / darker tone and the knobs are more sensitive. Overall, most of the knobs on the 3047 are one hour less than 4029. I haven't run into the "white noise" that others have talked about. But on 3047, the wet tone becomes too overpowering around 11, which seems odd and too early. I checked the echo thing, and I didn't really notice anything. Are you talking about the echo knob (controls mix of wet/dry) or the repeats?

3. scotty31

scotty31 Supporting Member

the echo knob is a mix control
    left=guitar
    right=echo.
    12:00 is equal wet and dry.
    i tend to have it at about 1:00

the tempo knob does stop the echo when you change it. most delays when you change the tempo/time will do a pitch shift thing that is quite cool. not sure why the replica doesnt, but it isnt a defect issue.

:D

4. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I wish there was a quarter note / eighth note switch like the diamond memory lane (modded).

I also wish that the delays trailed when you turn off the pedal, but then again, it wouldn't be true bypass if that was the case :)

5. MjCartney

MjCartney Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie Silver Supporting Member

I may be misunderstanding your issue, but I believe it is designed to work that way. The "Echo" knob controls the Wet/dry balance, up to 12:00 is more dry, noon is 50/50, past 12 is more wet.

6. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I'm surprised they would suggest sending it in when it seems clear that the echo is a dry/wet mix, and anything above 50% would be more wet and less would be more dry.

Doesn't hurt to have them check it out though? I might send in the one I just received, it's very sensitive / powerful (not that it's bad though).

7. sega

sega Member

Well thanks to you all,

It's seems it's made that way.
    You are right about the non-pitch thing ''Citizen''.

I have a tendency to compare the T-Rex to other echo I used.

But the main ''issue'' is the mix control past 12;00, it is really something I don't really like.

I might sell it and get a stereo delay instead...maybe Eventide.

Anyone has tried it????

8. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I was a bit disappointed with mine at first, but I'm still playing with it.

Like I said, I have two right now, and I'm trying to figure out which one to keep. I can't decide between the older one and the newer one, I might wait until I get my barber eq and tone press to see whether I want to darker or brighter delay tone.

For $300-400 though I do wish there were more bells and whistles, but I bought it knowing that there weren't. It is a one trick pony, but does that one trick very well. I am going to call and see if they do a quarter note / eighth note mod switch like diamond does.

Play with it some more and see how you feel. Sit down with your other delays and figure out how to subdivide and get the same echo settings. Also, the replica has a direct out, so I think you can get stereo.

9. sega

sega Member

Hey nrvana...

How can I split the signal to stereo with the direct out of my T-Rex?
    Here is my set-up...

Fender into aby switch pedal(startouch) ...it split into left (Mesa Boogie) and right (Fender Deluxe Reverb).

Left channel has the T-Rex and a flanger
    Right channel has Fulltone Fulldrive Mos

And I'm getting a Retrosonic chorus this week end(just waiting for it) wich is stereo.

Thanks for helping...

10. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

The DIRECT -plug on the top side is an output plug. The signal is send directly through the pedal to the
    DIRECT plug without disturbance. You can use this plug to:
    - send the signal to a tuner
    - send the signal to an extra amplifier and get a stereo like sound, when playing two amplifiers
    - make a retro sound. You send the delayed signal using the OUTPUT plug to a stereo simulator,
    that sends the stereo signal to two amplifiers. You connect a third amplifier using the DIRECT
    plug. Retro sound!

Short of that...I don't know.

11. sega

sega Member

I'll give it a try O GRAND POOBA (hope the spelling is right :)

Gee, I feel a bit ignorant about the direct out....but as they say ''better late than never''!!!

ciao amigo

12. Passenger84

Passenger84 Member

The subdivision button on the replica should do this. But to engage it, you have to push the subdivision button in, then re-tap the tempo in quarters, and then you should be getting dotted eighth note delays out. At least, that's how it has worked for the replicas I have owned.