• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

to the pedal stackers...

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
If you stack your gain/dirt pedals and use several different types...you know, od's and fuzzes and boosters...

In what order do you stack them in??

I tend to see most guys putting the fuzzes first then boosters then the od and distortion pedals but I do it completely differently everytime...am I crazy and alone? Am I missing something???

i typically have treble boosters first, then fuzz, then ODs. but, depending on if i get a new pedal, i always try out different orders as it can change drastically, so no you're not crazy....

Tweeker

Silver Supporting Member
If you stack your gain/dirt pedals and use several different types...you know, od's and fuzzes and boosters...

In what order do you stack them in??

I tend to see most guys putting the fuzzes first then boosters then the od and distortion pedals but I do it completely differently everytime...am I crazy and alone? Am I missing something???
The way they sound the best is the correct order.

improv4

Tweeker is correct in saying use your ears as the final vote. There are things to consider as far as fuzz placement; like, does the fuzz still clean up with the guitar volume if after a buffered OD? Much of pedal placement is also decided by how you plan to use each pedal.

So consider, what do you expect from each pedal and how does the placement enable those sounds? Now, most importantly, plug that stuff in and play; don't let your equipment get in the way. Have fun!

gregory49

Fuzz>OD... I'll use a more transparent drive before a TS style that may colour your tone.. or compress to much.. for example Honey Bee> LDO.. may fav combo!

wingwalker

Fuzzy Guitars
The deal is that I did decide with my ears...it just so happens that almost everyone else I see using OD, fuzz and boost pedals do it a bit differently and I am just trying to see what other orders might be going on out there.

The way I have it now is my Beano into my KoT into my Fuzz Face and I tend to like it better than any other way I've tried it so far but I just wanted to see what other "stackers" were doing.

Trending Topics