To whomever bought this fantastic Soloway Gosling....

Fusionshred

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah... you should hear how it sounds and feel how it plays! Amazing Guitar!

I had Elixers on it and just put a fresh set of D'Addarios back on and it came back to life! So crisp and articulate. Like a really great, fat, hollow tele in the neck and Satriani screamin' bridge. Hollow, but no feedback. Just a lot of wonderful soft overtones.

Neck seems to be a just little fatter than Swans I've played too. The thing about Jim's guitars is how incredibly solid and stable they are, like the whole guitar is forged from a solid piece of titanium. It's not much more than 6 lbs, too! Here are the reviews:

:banana :aok :dude :drool

Jim Soloway

Yeah... you should hear how it sounds and feel how it plays! Amazing Guitar!

I had Elixers on it and just put a fresh set of D'Addarios back on and it came back to life! So crisp and articulate. Like a really great, fat, hollow tele in the neck and Satriani screamin' bridge. Hollow, but no feedback. Just a lot of wonderful soft overtones.

Neck seems to be a just little fatter than Swans I've played too. The thing about Jim's guitars is how incredibly solid and stable they are, like the whole guitar is forged from a solid piece of titanium. It's not much more than 6 lbs, too! Here are the reviews:

:banana :aok :dude :drool
Glad to hear it's serving you well Tom. And I should really put a notice on our guitars "Please do not use Elixers on this guitar". I've always considered a bright, crisp, clear sound to be the tonal objective that we build towards and Elixers just seem to eliminate that on any guitar.

Jason_86_951

Silver Supporting Member
Glad to hear it's serving you well Tom. And I should really put a notice on our guitars "Please do not use Elixers on this guitar". I've always considered a bright, crisp, clear sound to be the tonal objective that we build towards and Elixers just seem to eliminate that on any guitar.
One other brand of strings I'm REALLY enjoying on my Swans are Curt Mangan.
http://www.curtmangan.com/

Very similar to the D'Addarios, but without some of the brittleness you can get with them. Very nice and seem to stay bright a lot longer than D'Addarios too.