Toadworks Meat Dual Boost...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by zacaoamargo, Jan 4, 2008.

1. zacaoamargo

zacaoamargo Member

Has anyone here ever tried the Toadworks Meat Dual Boost?

2. zacaoamargo

zacaoamargo Member

I'm curious about this pedal... Is it a good pedal?

3. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

I have tried it. It is interesting because it has such a flexible EQ for really phat boosting or more treble boosting. Good for pushing overdrives or for soloing. Fairly quiet. It puts out a lot of sound, and its fairly cheap as far as boutique stuff goes. I've tried a lot of toadworks stuff because I know a dealer. In general, their pedals are solid, but not quite what I was looking for in each instance. It doesn't have any overdrive though, no clipping whatsoever so its quite different from a lot of boosts out there like Fulltone's. But you could push your amp with it to get overdrive.

4. zacaoamargo

zacaoamargo Member

Thanks, Nibus!
    But what do you mean when you say "... its quite different from a lot of boosts out there like Fulltone's..."?
    What's the difference?

My intention is to use it as a fat boost and keep it turned on all the time to shape my strat tone... what do you think about it?
    Thanks!

5. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

Its different in the fact that there is no clipping from the pedal itself. A lot of boosts will start to clip if you turn them up (distort), and from what I remember i couldn't get the fat boost to clip. So it would probably work well just to fatten up your strat tone. But there are also a lot of pedals that could do this.

6. MrSage

MrSage Member

Yeah, it's a non-transparent clean boost. Non-transparent because it's EQ'd to fatten your sound. Clean because it's not an overdrive pedal, so there's no pedal distortion.

Toadworks pedals are awesome.

7. EL-Dougie

EL-Dougie Member