Toadworks Redux

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by BudLite, Jan 27, 2006.

1. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

Hi, I Just ordered one of these Delay pedals...Not a big delay guy but like to have one onboard....Anyone using this, how do you like...can you get a nice echo to fatten up the lead a little?..I know it digital, but what the hell Ill give it a try...I had a Maxon ad9 nice analog though it seems to alter the tone which I dont really what....I like the deluxe memoryman the best of the analogs I've tried...but what a piece of crap build wise....wires bust off like nothing ...just open it up.....plus its a BIG tank hoggin up alot of real estate :horse ......Does anyone make a DMM clone with high quality craftsmanship? Thanks

2. muddy

muddy Member

i was DYING to give one of these a try until i heard they were noisey. the idea is awesome, and pretty close to what i've done for years with 2 delays. i've tried on several attempts to contact the builder, just to ask a few questions before takin' a plunge with something i had NO way of demoing in person, but all i got in response was to be added to his monthly spam-a-letter. ah well... let us know how it goes.

ml

3. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Sure do! Diamond Memory Lane!

4. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

Well, although not a direct "clone", Diamond's Memory Lane is definitely in the ballpark of what a DMM is and it's definitely of a high quality craftsmanship wise.

5. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

Haha, teddy boy beat me to it!

6. teddy boy

teddy boy Member

Always one step ahead :D Yep, it's not actually a clone, but it has many of the same attributes, but it is quiter, has a higher headroom, tap tempo and a modulation on /off-switch. Really nice!!!

7. virtualtoad

virtualtoad Member

Clearly this post is a bit late... but if you tried to contact us, you didn't try that hard. Phone calls and emails are ALWAYS returned... sometmes emails bounce back though, nothing we can do about that... but the phone always works, and we're here to help. :)

8. muddy

muddy Member

i did, actually, and a number of times. i had questions i was really anxious to get answers to. i'm a delay fanatic, & something as interesting as this design, i wouldn't have given up so easily. but when i got no response after the 3rd email, i figured you were just ignoring me, so i gave up. i don't usually call because i figure the company can read my questions at their own leisure, rather than my interrupting their work. anyway, you had to have gotten my emails, because i started receiving your newsletter at that email acct. directly after. whatever. it's no big deal. at this point, it was so long ago that any questions i had were answered after i got the pedal. you've got some really good ideas. i really wanna check out an envelooper (?) next. looks like there are a lot of kool possibilities with that one.

ml

9. virtualtoad

virtualtoad Member

Well, sorry you didn't get a response.... and yes, all addresses on incoming emails are automatically stripped and put into a mailing list, but as for responses to requests, we do occasionally get email bounces...

Seriously, to anyone emailing a company with a question or request: include your phone number. No one will call you unless they can't email...