• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Today is my Kemper 10 year anniversary!

Qstick333

Silver Supporting Member
That’s amazing. I’m ready to join the Kemper world but keep thinking something new is coming down the pipeline. I don’t know if Kemper works that way though.

Rango

Silver Supporting Member
That’s amazing. I’m ready to join the Kemper world but keep thinking something new is coming down the pipeline. I don’t know if Kemper works that way though.
I don't know if something else new is on the way but...
Having the Toaster and Stage at the same time - The Stage booted up much faster than my toaster. So I will speculate that it has updated hardware. It would have been surprising if it didn't since that had to rework the hardware layout to fit in the stage. ;) Just buy a Stage and be happy. :aok

journo

As a longtime Kemper user, I appreciate Mats’ upbeat, generous presence on the forum, the fact that he uses his music to make his point whenever possible, and that he’s never needed to “cancel” the other platforms or their users in order to validate his own decisions. And a big thumbs-up for his profiles.

Happy anniversary.

Thank you very much for your kind words. I do appreciate you saying this as it is my goal to to promote "positivism" and the joy of music making whenever I can.

Thanks aslo for your comment about my profiles. Interested parties can check out my demo clips (and more music) at www.nermark.com

Cheers,

Mats N

Warmart

Outstanding! Next month will be 2 years for me. This past spring I added a Camplifier and a Kabinet - exactly what I needed, can't say enough great things about this trio!

bdrepko

Silver Supporting Member
I have been thinking about replacing my rehearsal rig for some time now. Anyone out there want to trade a Helix LT for a Kemper Stage.

bluzkat

@Mats

Gee, you must have grabbed your Kemper when they first arrived. I’ve had my toaster about 9 1/2 years (April 2012) and I’m still in love. o_O

Previous to getting the KPA it was tubes since ‘63 (mostly Fender).

journo

@Mats

Gee, you must have grabbed your Kemper when they first arrived. I’ve had my toaster about 9 1/2 years (April 2012) and I’m still in love. o_O

Previous to getting the KPA it was tubes since ‘63 (mostly Fender).

Hey Bluzkat,

Yup, I got my KPA really, really early. Here's the story.
I first saw the Kemper when they exhibited for the very first time in Frankfurt. I was there as a review writer for FUZZ, the Scandinavian guitar magazine. I was already at that time an avid user of direct recording devices and had some experience with high tech product development (which is a fun and cool story in itself) and as a review writer I got to test every new product on the market I felt was relevant and worth checking out. FUZZ had a good reputation in Europe and I had already met the guy Kemper hired for marketing before. So when I saw him in the Kemper booth I started peppering him with questions. The next day I had more questions so I went back and asked more. Then next year in Frankfurt, I checked in on the Kemper booth and as information developed I kept asking more questions. I expressed a keen interest in the product and said I wanted to be the first one to test it. So when the time came for them to get some external people to give an opinion, I was given the great opportunity to be one of the very first people in line.

My plan for the 10th year was to visit the Kemper HQ and see the operation and have a drink with the guys. Then Covid came and my plans were crushed. Maybe year 15? Or 20? :)

Cheers,

Mats N

Last edited:

MKB

Silver Supporting Member
Congrats Mats! I just passed my 5 year anniversary. I probably would have started earlier but in the beginning I was completely skeptical of the Kemper, thought the entire concept of profiling was all smoke/mirrors and wishful thinking. I smugly thought this about the Kemper until I heard one in a live concert and was blown away with its dynamics and delicious high end. After a long talk with the owner, I decided to buy one blind, and have had a deep love fest with the Kemper ever since. The honeymoon is still in full swing, and I hope it never stops!
I don't know if something else new is on the way but...
Having the Toaster and Stage at the same time - The Stage booted up much faster than my toaster. So I will speculate that it has updated hardware. It would have been surprising if it didn't since that had to rework the hardware layout to fit in the stage. ;) Just buy a Stage and be happy. :aok
I have one of each as well. Not only does the Stage boot significantly faster, it also has internal wifi and I'm sure a few more updated tricks. I'm known at work as the guy that has to tear all electronics open and look carefully, but I haven't even removed the lid from my toaster after 5 years. I don't like fiddling with the hardware of a device that works so well.

Ejay

I think im 7 years into kpa now....not a hair on my head regrets that purchase ;). I can well imagine that same device being part of my setup 20 years from now....I mean...good is good right?

The updates have been nice presents...I would have been happy if there hadnt been one after the time effects and drives. The Kone however was an unexpected one...that made me sell my acoustic amp...cause now I can get “cab and fullrange” from one set up.

I did add a Boss Core to my gear...the supersmall size being the only reason. Decent unit...but the minute kemper drops a unit that size...I’m on it ;) The Core also made me realize what the benefits of kpa design strategy are....yes...some things are set in stone and not as flexible as others...but in return you get “global cabs off”, global input trims...stuff like that. Also the remote...no you can’t put anything under any switch...but in return I get monkey proof...and “it always works”...with enough flexibility to get the job done.

vtgearhead

Gold Supporting Member
I'm sure I'm at 5 plus years....
Love the Kemper and have been gigging with it exclusively for the past 3 or 4 years. :aok

Hard DISAGREE with the UI being great from the beginning. ;)

I almost sold my Kemper over the UI and lack of good tutorials on how to get stuff done. Default effects patches were unusable for me. I ended up running a Kemper with a pedal board for a while.... And I posted about it here.

That lead to a conversation Heir Kemper. I found him very helpful and engaging. The Rig Manager was the game changer for me! It gave me a visual workflow and made the Kemper a KEEPER. :aok

I'm loyal to Kemper because they keep improving the product and most importantly - it sounds GREAT. :cool:

Yup. Love my Kemper on stage, but loathe the front-panel UI. Never quite sure where to dive in for what I'm seeking at the moment. Newer Rig Manager is a big help, not the least reason being that I can see what's going on on a decent sized display. The built-in display gives me headaches for deep editing.

Locatelli

Soon they will start the vintage kemper subforum and discuss if a 5 year old k is vintage or a 10 year old one.

CKemper

Mats and everybody,

Thanks for your congratulations and praise!
I want to thank my team for their continuous joy and effort to evolve our products.
The iPad App is my todays favourite addition.

Stop by at our show room!

And yes, we have even more serious software updates in the pipeline.
Back to work :)

CK

RolandKorg

Silver Supporting Member
I like it, too.

I'm only on month 5 or 6, and when i got it—after many years of lusting after them—i thought maybe it would only be an interim step until the QC matured. But, i'm impressed by what i hear, and by the continued support and evolution of the product. I hope Rig Manager continues to get better (still plenty of headroom there), but i can't find reason to believe i will ever be at a deficit in terms of tone with the Kemper, versus whatever comes out later. I'm sure i'll always wonder, because of the different ways the technologies work, but i'm not going to feel as if one device is going to sound better than the Kemper. And after ten years in a tech field, that's an pretty incredible accomplishment.

BWebb

I’m coming up on 10 years as well. I was curious so just checked my records and I purchased my Kemper in May of 2012. Hard to believe they are still investing in software updates on a gen 1 device but I definitely got my money’s worth. By far one of my best gear-related purchases ever.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom