today's funny CL musician ad

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by DrSax, May 12, 2015.

1. DrSax

DrSax Member

:crazy the pic makes it even funnier

http://charleston.craigslist.org/muc/5020047288.html

I'm a lead guitarist vocalist . total package here. I write , sing, know hundreds of covers and an entire body of original music that flat out kicks ass!! I have a drummer. I am looking for a rock bassist . I've tried dozens and so far none near good enough to keep up in a three piece. News flash to all electric bass players. If u play pensacatta or fingers only " u don't have good technique unless your playing on an upright. A good bassist uses thumb and finger combo and sometimes pick with some palm muting. This enables way more fluidity and solid lines plus it brings a whole new dimension with dynamics that u must have to make a 3 piece work. I like 4 string players. Sting is a good example. I specialize in over the top lead guitar virtuoso . Eric Johnson, Eddie van halen,Hendrix, srv, etc. Im flexible good attitude , goal driven, good equip and transportation and I keep my commitments. I dedicated my life to just learning but literally mastering lead guitar. I would be amazed and happy to find a bass player w some class not just in it to follow along and make some $. I like dynamics think srv or the rolling stones. I have a place to practice also. Looking for serious players willing to commit to 2 -3 nights a week schedule . I can gladly demonstrate my skills and knowledge at any time . no ego trip here just know what I can do from real life exp. I would gladly assist or instruct anyone who wants to learn the skills. I am really looking for one who already possesses them. Looking for an original band that does covers also variety no metal or throw away garbage music.

2. emdub123

emdub123 Supporting Member

Most "lead" guitarists have the good sense to keep these thoughts to themselves.

3. sleeperaxe

sleeperaxe Supporting Member

You're right, the pic really brings it home. At least he's confident!

4. tenchijin2

tenchijin2 Member

The awesome is strong with this one.

I especially love how he tells bass players how they should play. Nice find!

5. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Seems confused to me.

6. AParrotLooksAt4O

AParrotLooksAt4O Member

The image is likely 15 - 20 years old and a TGP member is going to be pissed that you're mocking his gig.

7. AParrotLooksAt4O

AParrotLooksAt4O Member

Exactly. If you're a solid, classy player, "Lead Guitarist" is a name given, not self-imposed. Thats my experience anyway. Never met a "lead guitarist" that could solo with a metronome, but I know a lot of musicians who can.

8. Ubersooner

Ubersooner Member

Why isn't this guy huge? He has Mastered lead guitar. I think he has also Mastered electric bass but he's too humble to come out and say it.

9. TwoTubMan

TwoTubMan Member

"no ego trip here..."

:p

10. emdub123

emdub123 Supporting Member

One things for sure, with mad skills like this, he certainly won't have the lead guitar-itus that requires him to play little solos between songs at rehearsal when people are trying to talk. Since he's also the singer, it is also likely that he won't be soloing over his own vocals, right? Truly a master.

11. DrSax

DrSax Member

"Hey guys, I'm in front, stand behind me." *Devilhorns*

12. candid_x

candid_x Supporting Member

Mamma don't allow no pensacatta bass players here.

Quantum Bozo

13. Frank Prince

Frank Prince Member

Pensacatta? :dunno

It's hard to trump the Gigadeath guy from a few weeks ago, but this ad comes pretty close. :D

14. YYZ

YYZ Supporting Member

Ugh, sounds like a singer I recently played with. He insisted I play harder and louder during the verses, as that gave him energy. :facepalm.

15. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Member

Posing with your instruments always looks dumb. The drummer standing there with a pair of sticks in his (or her) hand looks really dumb.

16. Bogner

Bogner Member

Thanks for the laugh on this one. I sure could have used the laugh a few hours ago though...lol. BRILLIANT!!!

Later guys, going to go get a bass so this cat can teach me! I'm gonna be ricchhh biotch!!!

17. candid_x

candid_x Supporting Member

He meant pizzicato, i.e. plucking strings with fingers.

My bass players always seemed to prefer picks while I always preferred using their fingers. :argue I guess I don't know good technique.

18. dB

dB Member

I specialize in over the top lead guitar virtuoso

19. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

This guy is a legend.

20. CharlyG

CharlyG Play It Forward

I play bass and use fingers for slower stuff, but I prefer the attack of the pick on faster tunes. Way back when I also used my thumb quite often. And the old felt pick as well. The only thing I don't/won't do is slap...Anyways, all that to say, some of his comments have a brush with the truth..