Toddlers, Smartphones, and a Bearfoot Model G

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by WolfmansBrother, Feb 16, 2015.

1. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother Supporting Member

Last weekend I was hanging at home with the family, and I noticed my 2.5 year old holding my phone as I came back from grabbing something from the kitchen (I was out of the room for maybe 20 seconds).

I grabbed the phone from her and noticed that, in that 20 seconds, she was able to open the eBay app, click on a listing, and place a bid. She apparently thought that I was in the market for a Bearfoot Model G, because she placed a bid on one for me, with my max bid set at $32,444! I guess she thought that I REALLY wanted one.

I messaged the seller and explained the situation, and he retracted the bid for me, which was nice of him. If you are a TGP member and are reading this - thanks again! The item ended up selling anyway, which I was glad to see.

So be sure to lock your phone when leaving the room - kids move fast!

2. Cgkindler

Cgkindler Member

Lmao. I'd a told the wife, well, it's meant to be!!

What did it end up selling for?!

$33,876? ;-)

3. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Personally.....I wouldn't have paid a penny over $31,999:)

4. skunx

skunx Member

My daughter has her own page of apps on my phone. She'd rather do endless abc than ebay.

5. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

I had to get my three year old his own android tablet (if your kids are fans of the Sprout channel and want a tablet, get them: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sprout-Channel-Cubby-7-Tablet-16GB/38573923).

Yeah, my three year old ordered several apps from the Google Play store before I put a stop to THAT foolishness.

It's crazy what all toddlers can figure out on our electronic devices!

6. slap_back05

slap_back05 Supporting Member

Our 2 year old ordered several apps on my wife's Kindle; all kids stuff too. They certainly are fast and smart.