Tokai ES120

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by SHM, Feb 5, 2008.

1. SHM

SHM Member

[​IMG]I just pulled the trigger on one a Tokai ES120 blonde. It will be here in 24 hours. Around 1000 dollars in danish kroner. Anybody uses one? Please tell me how you like it. sorry for the bad photo.

Cheers

Søren

2. HRydarcik

HRydarcik Member

Dude...you won't be sorry, I got one a couple of weeks ago...it's a fantastic guitar...In the past seven years I've owned a 1997 Gibson ES 335 and a Heritage 535 and I was greatly disappointed with each of those...my Tokai absolutely slays both of them in every department. I opted for the plain top., but your figured top is stunning.:drool

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I like mine so much I'm considering selling both my Edwards Les Paul and Greco Les Paul and buying the Cherry Red version.

3. IndieHead

IndieHead Member

where did you guys buy yours from? ishibashi?

4. go7

go7 Member

What is the nut width on the Tokai`s?

5. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Gold Supporting Member

1 5/8" - this is what keeps me away from the ES120.

6. HRydarcik

HRydarcik Member

I got mine from ebay seller hisashi0731, he's a dealer and very good to work with, and he speaks very good English...another plus is that he takes Paypal which made the whole transaction much quicker...I won my guitar on a Monday and it was here by Saturday packed very well and with it's own hardshell case. As far as the nut width...my two other main guitars are an Edwards Les Paul and a Greco Les Paul...both have 1-11/16ths nuts so I was concerned about the Tokai, there's really no need to be concerned, I can't tell the difference and I've been playing for over 35 years. Here's one of his auctions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tokai-Japan-Vin...oryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

7. SHM

SHM Member

I bought it used. Here in Copenhagen theres a wellrenound dealer. I just had it for 3½ hour and I have to say its fantastic. Better than the gibson´s I´ve tried. I have had several gibson 335 and never bonded with any of them. I´m a fender player for most parts, so playing gibson style takes some ajustment for me. Just put on a new set of 0.11 and it sounds very, very good. Its very easy to play and the pickups are very paf like, at least how I understand the paf sound.

Regards

Søren

8. SHM

SHM Member

Just got the info that mine has Duncan 59´s in it. The stamp inside with the serienumber says Duncan. They sound great.

Søren

9. revgsmall

revgsmall Member

I hate to bring this up, but those dumb asses put the controls on the wrong side and strung it backwards:roll