• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tokai Goldtop

skeeterbuck

Does Tokai make a LP goldtop guitar like the 54-55 models with the wraparound bridge?

I seem to remember seeing one recently on TGP, but now can't find anything.

Thanks!

03hal

Can't help with your question, but chiming in to say that the '56 reissue Love Rock I had was nice, but not as nice as the Epi Elitist I replaced it with, FWIW.

karmadave

Gold Supporting Member
Not sure they make one without a tune-o-matic bridge. I own an LS80-S which is similar to a Gibson R6. Great guitar!

-KD

cryptozoo

Yes, they do. My buddy had an '80 LS80 and just sold it, day before yesterday. If you're interested, I can point you in the right direction. Cool guitar.

hank

Golfredo is a respected merchant and participant on the Tokai Forum. Highly recommended dealer and products.

Rhomco

Making UPS, FEDEX and USPS richer every day!
Silver Supporting Member
my favorite guitars to convert to wraptail bridges. I have done a hand full of these conversions. The TOM and Stop holes still have to be filled but the goldtop refin on the top covers/hides the plugs. Awesome tones are the result.
Rob

JimmyB

Gold Supporting Member
I've been told that the necks on the Tokai goldtop models are 60s slim rather than (more appropriate :D) 50s chunky... was I misinformed, or is there some variation across models?

indravayu

I've been told that the necks on the Tokai goldtop models are 60s slim rather than (more appropriate :D) 50s chunky... was I misinformed, or is there some variation across models?
My '05 LS-70 Goldtop doesn't have a slim neck - don't know the exact measurements, but it's more chunky. It's an awesome guitar, too - especially after upgrading to WCR Fillmore's, RS Guitarworks electronics and TonePros bridge/tailpiece.

JimmyB

Gold Supporting Member
My '05 LS-70 Goldtop doesn't have a slim neck - don't know the exact measurements, but it's more chunky. It's an awesome guitar, too - especially after upgrading to WCR Fillmore's, RS Guitarworks electronics and TonePros bridge/tailpiece.
Thanks for the data point. There was a Tokai P90 goldtop (not sure of the exact model #) for sale locally on CL a few months ago. It definitely had a slim-ish neck, so I passed on buying it.

Trending Topics