• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tokai LS110 Cherry Sunburst

Gretsch&Vox

To my mind, this was the first company who successfully replicated the Les Paul. And, as far as I know, they are still doing a great job.

The same guitar as above, in brown sunburst:

Last edited:

Pauly B

Silver Supporting Member
Very very nice. Played one once and loved it. Spot on to a Gibson. In the 70's they were said to be superior to the Norlin pancake 12 lb ones. Ironically the 70's Gibsons are "vintage" now and expensive. Old doesn't necessarily mean good.

Scott Naylor

Silver Supporting Member
[QUOTE="Jay Filippone, post: 20202329, member: 12215" I just ordered the Cherry Sunburst above.
[/QUOTE]

That's exciting! Congrats. Love my '97 Tokai. Hope you are very happy with yours, Jay.

Scott Naylor

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks, Scott. You got yours in '97? What finish does it have?
Hey. :beer Just recently from hackenfort here on TGP. Great transaction with a gem of a guy btw. Black with a factory installed Bigsby B3. All stock except for some nice caps, Tonepros Klusons, a new B3 spring, and a pro setup. That's all it needed to fit my level of geekery. Love the factory PAF mk II pickups and it is one responsive instrument.

Gretsch&Vox

Hey. :beer Just recently from hackenfort here on TGP. Great transaction with a gem of a guy btw. Black with a factory installed Bigsby B3. All stock except for some nice caps, Tonepros Klusons, a new B3 spring, and a pro setup. That's all it needed to fit my level of geekery. Love the factory PAF mk II pickups and it is one responsive instrument.
Lots-a-mods. :) That's good to hear about the pickups.

Here's my LS98Q. I stuck some Imperials and an RS wiring kit in her and I couldn't be happier. Sounded fine stock by the way, I just have to mess with stuff. Congrats, they are great guitars.

Very nice. :D Thanks.

Nice, Jay. Where did you get?
Thanks; I got it from Guitar Planet in Japan.

Gretsch&Vox

When does it arrive?
Well, it left Tokyo, Japan on 6/28 (I ordered 6/27, Seattle time, they are 14 hrs. ahead) and arrived in San Francisco, CA USA (SF) on 6/29. It left SF a few hours ago. Hopefully it is on a plane to Seattle?

Amazing; it has been transported over 5,100 miles so far. That is over 86% of the total trip! :D

Last edited:

RockinRob

Very very nice. Played one once and loved it. Spot on to a Gibson. In the 70's they were said to be superior to the Norlin pancake 12 lb ones. Ironically the 70's Gibsons are "vintage" now and expensive. Old doesn't necessarily mean good.
This is absolutely not true. Nobody in the 70's or 80s was saying these were superior to a Gibson, and they weren't. It was only after the lawsuits came did anyone start claiming these were anything close to a real Gibson, and usually those people were only people looking to drum up sales for the $250 guitar they bought and hoped to sell at triple the price. Not saying they weren't decent guitars, and haven't played one in the last decade, but back then you could barely give them away. Not everybody in the 70s was stupid...they sat on the used racks for a very good reason.

thrashmetl

Yeah, somehow
Well, it left Tokyo, Japan on 6/28 (I ordered 6/27, Seattle time, they are 14 hrs. ahead) and arrived in San Francisco, CA USA (SF) on 6/29. It left SF a few hours ago. Hopefully it is on a plane to Seattle?

Amazing; it has been transported over 5,100 miles so far. That is over 86% of the total trip! :D
Each guitar I've gotten from Japan has arrived within 3 days, shipping is somehow super fast.

Gretsch&Vox

They don't call it Express Mail Service for nothing. ;) You practically buy an airplane ticket ($125 +/-) for a guitar.

ChrisB

My LS-80. One of the last Les Paul Reborns from 1980 just before they changed to Reborn Old. 8.8lbs, 1pc body, 17 degree headstock, great top carve. I have not played a Gibson that I like better and certainly not one from the 70's.

Trending Topics