• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tokai SC-2C?

John Thigpen

Silver Supporting Member
Anybody had any experience with one of these? It's a new model they introduced in 2007, and is basically Les Paul like, but with a body shape sort of skewed towards a Telecaster, similar to the Hamer Talledega. I think Nik Huber makes a model like this too, not that I expect the Tokai would be as good as either of those. Scale length is 24.75".

John

Sunburst71

Gold Supporting Member
Just got one with a carved top. Initial impressions: excellent build quality, chunky neck (reminds me of a PRS wide fat,) more of a PRS vibe than Gibson, sounds great unplugged. Only thing I'm not sure about is the pickups.

To be continued...

johan

I'm the guy in Sweden who got GuitarTones "spare" SC-2. It's a beautiful guitar. Plays great, very comfy and sounds really good. Maybe a bit "thinner" than a LP. More even and not as mud-heavy.

I bought a Tokai ES-335 (ES-175) a couple of days ago but I hope I can keep this one since it's such a great guitar.

mertzy

I read there were some Tokai Anniversary models being sold on ebay Germany. They're similar to the SC2(C) but with a full TOM, not string through.

Anyone have any experience with either model?

Trending Topics