Tolstoy...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by what?, Oct 8, 2005.

1. what?

what? Member

:D just wanted to get your attention coz I saw you're browsing this page...I sent you a PM...

2. fzkicksbuttock

fzkicksbuttock Member

WHAT!?!?!?!? You mean this thread isn't about how Tolstoy's awesome, true bypass, oxygen-free, uber-boutique rig (complete with timmy, old Klon, TTE, Echozar, and the entire Lovetone and Way Huge pedal collections and his solid-platinum Dumble chasis) inspired War and Peace ???

I must be in the wrong thread, then. Good-day sir!

3. what?

what? Member

well, you've got the hidden message there....bummer!!:D

4. tolstoy

tolstoy Member

Sorry....got caught up at work.

By the way, Anna Karenina called and said that although she respects you, she can't go on living a lie. I didn't really understand what she meant, but I leave it in your hands.

Tolstoy

5. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

I actually read War and Peace in it's entirety. I enjoyed most of it, but it was a long, grueling read... so, so long... very long...

6. what?

what? Member

I'd have to say OCD...especially the ines with white knobs, they sound so much better than the black ones...serious!

7. fzkicksbuttock

fzkicksbuttock Member

Beat this... I read all of Finnegans Wake by Joyce. Its not even written in a real language and, of course, I got almost nothing out of it! :dude

8. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

I read every single word of Ulysses... it took me a month and gave me a headache. I could actually follow it though. It's impossible to understand it completely, unless you happened to have lived in turn of the century Dublin and have knowledge of all the obscure literary references Joyce used. I've re-read parts of it several times since. I tried Finnegan's Wake... fuggedaboudit!

9. Non-Digital Tom

Non-Digital Tom Member

FWIW - I think parts of my book have a sort of James Joyce influence. :)