• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tom Anderson Classic - Opinions and options

RocknPop

Hi guys,

Looking into these guitars more and more. The lead guitar player in my old band had one and I think I remember liking it. More than anything I liked the tone. I played it a few times and enjoyed it.

Can someone who owns one share insights on the intonation and how the sound compares to an American Standard Strat (fat 50 pups). I'm not sure it's worth me upgrading to the Tom Anderson but just exploring the options.

Also, any good places to look at buying used?

mrmurph

Silver Supporting Member
I've got a '96 Anderson that has been my main guitar since I got it. I've got a bunch of guitars (Collings, Fender, Gibson LP R0, Kirn) and keep coming back to the Anderson. It's just "right", it feels great, sounds great, and doesn't seem to be as tiring to play on a 3 hour gig. I keep it and the Ron Kirn Tele on stage with me at all times.

megaboogie

Silver Supporting Member
You can search the emporium, they come up time to time for great prices. I love my classic.

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
I have owned a classic, and in the past few years have owned 4 other Andersons (as well as a Suhr) and played more than that.

My classic was an amazing strat, it's available in any configuration you can imagine, with loads of neck shape options.

I think Suhr is just as good, owned one of those for a little while.

I like them better than (more expensive) Fender CS stuff I've played. ymmv.

Peppy

Have two (one for sale). One since bought new 13 1/2 years ago. Second-longest I have owned a guitar. That good.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom