Tom Anderson Vintage Trem, what exactly it is?

heklmbbsna

Decades ago Tom was using Gotoh 1055/1088. Does he continue using them as his "vintage trem" now? How do they compare to trems like Gotoh 510 that John Suhr is using? I'm new to the trem world and hope some veterans can answer my question, thanks!

heklmbbsna

They work fine! What’s there to know?
Two reasons here. First I need to learn since I am really inexperienced in electric guitar hardware. Second, if you wanna do some modification to the trem (i.e. replace the tremolo block), you need to know exactly what the trem is. Tom has never clarified these current specs on the website. I've come to the Anderson forum, but only got some out-of-date responses.

mscion

I have the vintage trem on my angel. While it meets my needs as I use it modestly, my guess is if you want to do deep dives you may prefer the recessed floating trem or the sunken locking trem. My best advice is to actually contact the company and ask. They answer emails in a timely fashion. You can also call. You might even get Tom Anderson on the phone! He is very helpful and will answer your questions.

webs

It's a 510. Obviously it's made specifically for Anderson so there may be other tweaks, but I haven't noticed any difference between the Anderson 510 and the Suhr.

Husky

It's a 510. Obviously it's made specifically for Anderson so there may be other tweaks, but I haven't noticed any difference between the Anderson 510 and the Suhr.
I believe Tom has had a bridge made for him, no longer the 510.

Trending Topics