Tom Bukovac's Home Schoolin' blog on YT...who's following?

TNJ

I know I am! Due to the Covid Quarantine, I've had a lot of down time. Found this guy by accident, and tuned in. Now firmly hooked and ready to be reeled in!
This guy is a well known (in Nashville) session player who is about as down to earth as it gets, and is recording a series of tutorials/shootin' the breeze/tellin' stories/guzzling Rolling Rock/Coffee (depending on time of day), and playin' his ass off. Oh, and his wife, Sarah Buxton, sings like an angel and has a few albums out too. His gear is off the charts, but I'd bet $$$ it's extremely hard to get around in his garage where he shoots the vids. Packed with tonal/guitaristic gems!
He used to be in Steve Gorman's band, Trigger Hippy, recorded with a ton of stars in the Nashville studio scene, has toured with Joe Walsh, and worships at the altar of Steves Hackett and Howe.

Do yourselves a favor and check this guy out!

Sj

Last edited:

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
OK I ran the series and learned stuff. Shared with two of my studio/recording friends and they dug it as well.

Thanks. Big Fun.

Reactions: TNJ

Sparkman52

Silver Supporting Member
So good. Like hanging out, shooting the breeze with a really great but totally down to earth player. Just great practical advice...like you don't need to know the arcane details of theory...but you gotta know "street theory."

He also coined the term "sports bar blues" which I love.

DavidS

Silver Supporting Member
Love these! I've watched every episode and look forward to it each day. These are gold!

bbsomm

Silver Supporting Member
first of all...that guy is a MONSTER player. I'd heard his name thrown around a lot as a collector of amazing instruments. but if you haven't watched his PG Rig Rundown, it's probably the best one ever, and what he plays at the beginning is just so perfect. Instantly jumped to the top of the "guys I would trade chops with in a heartbeat list"

Secondly, the lessons are great, so down to earth, but really helpful too. Today's is particularly good.

jhumber

He made a comment in today’s episode that I’m going to try and keep with me:
“Even when the music is terrible, it’s somebody’s dream”.

What a great thing to remember the next time you’re struggling to think of a part, or feeling uninspired by a song. For me they’re the best videos on YouTube at the moment.

hw2nw

Silver Supporting Member
Bukovac is the real Nashville deal. So fun to watch these and hear his mindset.

Trending Topics