• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Tom Petty's Guitars Stolen. . .

jeffbelch

Silver Supporting Member
Wow!...that's hard to believe. Hopefully the guys will get their instruments back.

hartguitars

Is it just me or should tom petty be forking over more than a $7500 reward for 5 what I can only assume are priceless guitars? Poor guy, kinda surprised all those guys don't have there stuff microchipped.

sondich

I read the article about the recovery:D

Petty estimated the value of the 5 guitars at about $10,000. Had to laugh when I saw the pawn shop gave the guy $250 for one of the guitars...

Glad it ended well.

drive-south

I read the article about the recovery:D

Petty estimated the value of the 5 guitars at about $10,000. Had to laugh when I saw the pawn shop gave the guy $250 for one of the guitars...

Glad it ended well.
You missed a zero. Petty valued the guitars at $100k.

I read that Mike Campbell recently bought a '59 LP. I'm assuming that guitar wasn't stolen, otherwise the value would have been closer to $1M.

zenitB

Silver Supporting Member
One of the guitars was pawned in Hollywood over the weekend. The police got the guy's address from the pawn shop and went to his house and found the rest of the guitars.
He was a security guard at the studio where the gear was stolen.
Another episode of world's dumbest criminals!

Major Twang

on a somber note, i'd like to report 3 missing medium pics from Bill's Studio.

The police has collected some evidence and the cleaning lady is being held for questionning.

We will be playing at the 420 BC convention tomorrow!

lifeson1

Silver Supporting Member
on a somber note, i'd like to report 3 missing medium pics from Bill's Studio.

The police has collected some evidence and the cleaning lady is being held for questionning.

We will be playing at the 420 BC convention tomorrow!

Good stuff!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom