• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tomo's "Right Place, Right Time"

mojazzmo

I know there probably have been past posts on this but I just wanted to show some appreciation for Tomo and this killer cd. I am just really diggin' the funked up jazz blues fusion. Tomo, if you read this - what was your set for your lead tone on Catty Woman? Also, what is your best instructional dvd for that lead style on the same tune? Everyone who digs hip jazz influenced funk-blues-rock should buy this cd and encourage Tomo to record more!!! Thanks again for the great music Tomo. :RoCkIn

cber1517

Silver Supporting Member
Funny you posted this - I was just listening to the clips on Amazon and think this one is even better than 'Put On Your Funk Face!"

This is exactly what I look for in an instrumental guitar release - killer tunes, tones and a sense of fun in the band.

Tomo, what else you got up your sleeve in 2009?

:bow

John Hurtt

Gold Supporting Member
Both of Tomo's solo albums are great. You should pick up the live dvd, it's killer~!

Tomo

I know there probably have been past posts on this but I just wanted to show some appreciation for Tomo and this killer cd. I am just really diggin' the funked up jazz blues fusion. Tomo, if you read this - what was your set for your lead tone on Catty Woman? Also, what is your best instructional dvd for that lead style on the same tune? Everyone who digs hip jazz influenced funk-blues-rock should buy this cd and encourage Tomo to record more!!! Thanks again for the great music Tomo. :RoCkIn
Thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it.

For Catty Woman solo or Melody? Mostly my SRV Strat... solo toward end was '67 ES335 's rear pickup. Overdrive tone was my Fuchs 50 ODS (modified by Jim Salman.. so not stock Fuchs 50 ODS) and Bob Burt V front cab with Eminence Tonespotters or Tonespotter & Wizard.

For soloing (my dvd), you want to check out... my More AYGP dvd and
Tone Merchant Clinic dvd.

Catty Woman- Originally I had a different melody (smooth and happy!) ,, but my manager asked me more "anger and stress" so I chose that 1/2 W 1/2 W
scale to make that melody!

Thank you.

Tomo

Tomo

Funny you posted this - I was just listening to the clips on Amazon and think this one is even better than 'Put On Your Funk Face!"

This is exactly what I look for in an instrumental guitar release - killer tunes, tones and a sense of fun in the band.

Tomo, what else you got up your sleeve in 2009?

:bow
Thank you so much! I am glad that you liked it.

I am working on my new cd... a few more songs to record. Everyone (musicians, studio...) is busy so I am waiting for right time to do.

So far, 6 tunes.. 8 tracks (include 2 alternate takes)...
Steve Gadd, Will Lee and Bernard Purdie & Will Lee...
Then I will have another my favorite drummer & Will Lee...

possible.... Lenny Picket on Sax...

Thanks for asking!

Tomo

cber1517

Silver Supporting Member
Thank you so much! I am glad that you liked it.

I am working on my new cd... a few more songs to record. Everyone (musicians, studio...) is busy so I am waiting for right time to do.

So far, 6 tunes.. 8 tracks (include 2 alternate takes)...
Steve Gadd, Will Lee and Bernard Purdie & Will Lee...
Then I will have another my favorite drummer & Will Lee...

possible.... Lenny Picket on Sax...

Thanks for asking!

Tomo
Awesome! What a lineup you got there. Who's your other favorite drummer? You've got two of the best already! :)

Tomo

I was wrong! For Catty Woman- Melody part was my Fuchs 50 ODS's with my SRV strat. And solo part- first part.. SRV strat & CJOD. Then ending solo-'67 ES335 & CJOD.

I am gonna record a few more tunes this month for my upcoming CD.

Tomo

Bama93

Silver Supporting Member
Tomo,
I cannot find the link to the J.Mayer speech at Berkley with James Taylor's brother - could you help me out.
Thanks
Michael

Tomo

Awesome! What a lineup you got there. Who's your other favorite drummer? You've got two of the best already! :)
Thank you! I will let you know later. Incredible drummer, very sweet person!

I got three of the best!

Tomo