Tone Factor, Nebula (demo)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by fatback, Jul 14, 2006.

1. fatback

fatback Member

Here are a couple of demos for the Tone Factor, Nebula phaser.
    [​IMG]

clean:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=595785637113799769

dirty:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8235662500259460489

Although it might look simular to our old orange friend, the Nebula is definately not a Phase90 clone. While the Phase-90 has a chewy mid peak, the Nebula sits more in the high-end adding a liquidy texture and clarity to your tone.

Between the Huckleberry, the 442 filter, and now the Nebula, Brad is really on a roll with his Tone Factor pedals.
    :BEER

2. b_rad

b_rad Member

Great clips, John. Thanks for posting!

3. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I'd like to say that most pedal demos leave a lot to be desired to me. However, the ones you've done for the Tone Factor pedals are right on! You demonstrate the tone uneffected and then the various tones from the effect. Variation tells a lot more about a pedal than a quick 10 second demo of something that doesn't even let you hear the tone before the effect. Great job!

4. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

i had absolutely zero interest in this pedal until i saw this video ... i really like the fast settings. very cool.

5. fatback

fatback Member

distant cousins:
    [​IMG]
    ;)

cheers.

6. todd richman

todd richman Senior Member

Great clips as usual John. It is definitely more along the lines of the Phase 45 which is what I think Brad was shooting for. Kinda Univibey and the dirty clip is reminiscent of Have A Cigar. Very nice and great looking pedal too.

7. b_rad

b_rad Member

Yep, absolutely correct. :)

8. gururyan

gururyan Member

As a previous owner of Phase 45, from what I hear in the video...I like this better than the 45.

I curse Brad and John as I had not anticipated ever wanting to swap my vintage 90 for anything else. I may be pulling my 90 off and putting in the "studio box" and dropping a Neb on board.

grrrr, unexpected gear changes.

9. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

I liked what I heard so much that I just ordered one. I dig simple, one knob one switch. I'm looking forward to my nebula pedal.

10. royd

royd Member

John,very nice clips
    Brad, amazing pedal

11. ptdesign

ptdesign Handmade sonic art

John has a knack for making all pedals sound appealing!

12. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

Great clip man. It really showed what this thing can do. I love all of your clips, keep up the awsome workd!;)

13. boomchickaboom

boomchickaboom Member

Didn't even know I wanted a new phaser.

Thanks. I think. ;^)

d

14. b_rad

b_rad Member

:D:D:D

15. albuht813

albuht813 Member

I just put an order in too. been looking for a replacement for the phase 90 RI.

16. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

Unkleslam, I assume you are the evil genius that made this pedal? Is it a clone of the phase 45, 90, or an original design? Is there a difference? How quick do yall get stuff to my porch here in Texas? Best regards.

17. b_rad

b_rad Member

I'm just the guy behind the desk. :) The circuit is loosely based on the Phase 45/ DOD 201 circuit. IMO, it's a little more pronounced than most of these that I've tried, but not as pronounced as the Phase 90. It's two stages like the 45, so it will naturally be more subtle/vibey than a 4 stage.

If they were in stock they would be to you in two days. As of the moment we're running behind on pretty much all of the Custom Shop stuff. The good news is I'm expecting to have some Nebulas going out either tomorrow or the next day.

18. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

I got my nebula in the mail today and put it right beside my deja vibe. I'm very impressed with the build quality, quick delivery and TONE. I am one of the few that has experienced bass loss with a vibe. I do not get that with the nebula. This phaser is the best uni vibe I ever had! Simply KILLER!! I have been watching some of the videos of that dude that did the demo. He's a wonderful talent. I'd like to hear a full song of his original stuff. Any how two enthusiastic thumbs up for the tone factor nebula!!

19. radcliff

radcliff Member

this sounds like a killer one knob univibe

would i be right in saying that?

20. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

Not that he wasn't before... the Hellbilly, Hellbaby and Squeeze Factor are all great, too! The clips are great.... I'm most likely all set with envelope filter and phaser and get a good fuzzy sound from the Hellbilly, but I'd love to mess around with the new TF releases sometime just the same...