Tone King Falcon- New Clip

Matt L

Sounds awesome, and yes, you are jealous. Greg Koch is a savage warrior of the day and of the night.

Brad R

Yea, got a chance to check out the Falcon at the the show. Great sounding amp! Ridiculously large and fat sound for such a small amp, plus has a updated power attenuator. I want one too.

Bikedude

Gold Supporting Member
Another fine example of "booteek" goodness from Mark Bartel. My Metro is just fantastic, and makes most of my other amps sellable.

Rustysleepy

Yea, got a chance to check out the Falcon at the the show. Great sounding amp! Ridiculously large and fat sound for such a small amp, plus has a updated power attenuator. I want one too.
Did you actually get to play it or just hear someone elso play it?
Would you say it has more headroom than a 5e3 style deluxe?

Brad

Dana Olsen

Gold Supporting Member
I actually played through the Falcon. It sounds great, just like it sounds in Greg Koch's demo - man, Greg's a great player and a super cool cat.

The Falcon is a little different from a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe type - more like a Supro sort of, or Alamo crossed with a Tweed Deluxe. It get's "hair' on the notes a little later than a 5E3, and stays less hairy a little louder than a 5E3, then it rocks out.

HOWEVER - there's a 3 way rotary switch for Ryhthm, crunch and Lead - on the Rhythm setting it has more headroom than a 5E3, but not a lot more. It's a low powered amp - 12w with an ultralinear poweramp through 1x10". On the other 2 settings it totally ROCKS - great for recording or low volume gigs.

And it sounds great!

Thanks,Dana O.
Did you actually get to play it or just hear someone elso play it?
Would you say it has more headroom than a 5e3 style deluxe?

Brad