• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Tone King Imperial Speaker swap?

Mr. Bertha

Anyone done it? I like the amp, and I'm sure the speaker was picked for it's sound rather than it's price point, but I'm jonesing for something new. What speaker have you changed to in your Imperial? What did you think of the new speaker, and why did you feel the need to change the original? What speaker might accentuate the low-mids? thanks!

getbent

I still have my original speaker... but, I am picking up a cabinet this weekend to try some different speakers just for fun.. my original sounds great.

dukeh62

Silver Supporting Member
Just reviving this thread to see if anyone else had any luck? I LOVE my Imperial, but it would be great to tighten the bottom end and tame the high end a little.

Champlifier

I have a Weber 12F150 in mine now, good Fender type tone I'm happy with this.
I have a Cannabis Rex in an extension cab I some times use probably a lttle darker than the Weber.
Also, I have tried a Tone Tubby Hempcone, darker, more compressed not as crisp as the Weber
All sound good to me in their own way.

Pantone 333

I'm pretty happy with the stock speaker. I'm also too afraid to mess with the paint. But if I was going to do it, I'd put in the Celestion Alnico Gold (50 watts).

getbent

Just reviving this thread to see if anyone else had any luck? I LOVE my Imperial, but it would be great to tighten the bottom end and tame the high end a little.
you could do both just by putting in some JJ 6v6's... I've tried that (I switched back because it made it too dark for me)

Trending Topics