tone print - would be nice for users to have access..

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mwvm, Feb 19, 2012.

1. mwvm

mwvm Member

... to the same parameters as "the world's best guitarists" . I own a hall of fame and i find it odd and a little juvenile to rely on what other people have tweaked.

Obviously, the ability software is there so why not give this privilege to the folk that forked put a hundred and odd quid.

2. dconeill

dconeill Member

I will guess that after awhile TC Electronic will release a software package for it, or a reverse-engineered package will appear.

3. mwvm

mwvm Member

i suppose there's an argument it's a dsp chip therefore you could - i dunno turn a hall of fame into a flashback or something... but surely, there'd taylor it to a specific pedal.... i'd like a shimmer reverb

4. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

The editor is probably designed for their engineers and reworking it for consumers could vost a lot of money that they dont want to spend right now.

5. BoiceBox

BoiceBox Member

That's my guess also. I do some programming and it's one thing to make something work, it's another altogether to make it professional, attractive, and user friendly. I bet we see this option for the Tone Print series or some other product in the future, but it may take a while.

6. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

I always expected that it would be too easy to make the pedal do anything you want. If you think about it, time based effects have largely the same parameters, so any of the pedals could overlap if given that much control, which would really hurt sales IMO.

7. tibbon

tibbon Member

I doubt the "signature tones" are actually programmed by the artists themselves. They probably say, "here's what I like/want" then they send them a tone print to test, they say if they need tweaks and then go from there.

8. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

There are a couple videos of someone from TC sitting down with artists and co-developing the Toneprints. It is definitely quite possibly you are right for many of them, but some have direct input during the design.

9. mwvm

mwvm Member

i hope so... there's lots of pedals out there that have editing software...not exactly an out there concept

10. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

They have videos of pretty much every artist that has a tone print. It shows the guys making the toneprints with Tore as they play.