Tone Pump Ver 1 Manual?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mbratch, May 29, 2008.

1. mbratch

mbratch Member

I just bought a used Tone Pump, probably version 1 because the insides don't have the trem pots referred to in Barber's online manual.

Does anyone have a manual for this model? Channel 1 needs some bass badly. I see inside there are two pads marked "bass" as if a cap or resistor could be put there, but I have no info on it.

Thanks.

2. hb_nz

hb_nz Member

You could try contacting David Barber via the Barber Electronics website, or the TPNgear forum where he's often around answering questions. He's a very helpful guy.

3. mbratch

mbratch Member

Sorry my mistake. It does not say "EQ" on the outside. It has no trem pots. Just a couple of pads labeled "Bass" inside that looks like you could solder a component or jumper to.

4. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

How many knobs and switches does your pedal have?

5. mbratch

mbratch Member

6 knobs. No switches.

I just bought this used and, mea culpa, didn't realize there were such different versions kicking around. This one is evidently pretty old. I'm frustrated, but lesson learned. I'm usually pretty good about knowing what I'm buying...

6. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

You mean 6 (external) knobs and 2 (foot) switches? Probably the 2 channel TP that does not have the 2 internal trimmers that the TP EQ has. Isn't there an external bass knob?

7. mbratch

mbratch Member

Yes, sorry. I didn't realize you meant foot switches.

There's a bass knob for channel 2, and a tone knob (which doesn't have a very dramatic effect) for channel 1.

8. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

iirc, the tone knob and bass knob are shared by both channels. The 2 channels have seperate volume and pump controls.

9. mbratch

mbratch Member

OK I didn't realize that. (Getting back to wishing I had a manual. ;)) I just assumed they were separate, so always adjusted them separately and didn't notice the connection.
    :hide

I'll have to play with it further at a rehearsal and see if it works better for me now that I'm armed with that knowledge.